1st Cold Smoked Cheese Attempt

Notes Below from a excel sheet I started

Item Date Outside Temp. (F) Smoker Temp. Time In Smoker Wood Type Notes
Cheese 12/20/16 57 Cold 3Hrs Pellet Apple Warmed Up Later, use ice in pan to ensure it stays cool

Outside Temp. (F); 57
Smoker Temp.; Cold
Time In Smoker; 3Hrs
Wood Type; Pellet
Type; Apple
Notes; Warmed Up Later, use ice in pan to ensure it stays cool, as seen by dents in cheese

Outside Temp. (F); 57
Smoker Temp.; Cold
Time In Smoker; 3Hrs
Wood Type; Pellet
Type; Apple
Notes; Warmed Up Later, use ice in pan to ensure it stays cool, as seen by dents in cheese

Thanks....off to get a smoke tube and some cheese. Now it needs to get cold again.

Dave you nailed your first cheese smoke, is that a 22.5 WSM?, and what size smoke tube is that?
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas. Eggnog is working hehe.

Taste test is a go........opened a Pepper Jack and a Sharp Cheddar block, smelled great and the guys at work loved it. Looking forward to trying other blocks in the future. The 3 hours worked well and gave a nice smokey taste. Total time in Vac seal was 16 days

32001138571_0fb408d3a1_c.jpg
[/url]Smoked Pepper Jack & Cheddar by David McPeak, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looks great and can't wait to taste mine...

From your pics, it looks like you might have but more "color" on yours than I did. I also smoked 3 hours on the WSM on mine but only been "aging" a week so far.... Taking lots of restraint to not tear into a block!

-W

Looks great and can't wait to taste mine...

From your pics, it looks like you might have but more "color" on yours than I did. I also smoked 3 hours on the WSM on mine but only been "aging" a week so far.... Taking lots of restraint to not tear into a block!

-W

Yes it does, it was killing me not to open the packs

Did not know that about waiting. I have always just smoked cheese for parties "day of".
Will have to change my routine.....did a few (sharp cheddar, herb & pepper crusted mozzarella and a Swiss Bier cheese) for NYE but only had a few days to store it.......pretty popular though.
Can't wait to do it this way now.

Back