14.5 WSM brisket - round 1

*Matt*

TVWBB Fan
Hope your Sunday was as good as mine - lots of wanna does (opposite of hunny does) and a last minute mini brisket - 4.1lbs higher cook than preferred 300 - 3.5 or so - turned out a bit dry but very flavorful -

IMAGE_299.jpg

IMAGE_304.jpg

New lights around grill area!
IMAGE_303.jpg

IMAGE_302.jpg

Business travel before and after the very late thanksgiving is pushing Christmas forward - tonight tree up before housekeeper comes tomorrow!

IMAGE_305.jpg

What a nice set up. The brisket looks good. Did you foil the brisket?
You have a VERY nice grill area and the new lights should solve those "early dark hours" quite nicely.

That 14.5 is a nice addition to your stable. I have a Mini-Joe Gold or I would be all over one.

Keep smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Thanks for all the compliments on my setup. It's not rare to see it all going at the same time.

The brisket cooked on average @250 for just over 2.5hrs at which time i wrapped it and forgot about. I found the heat had kicked slightly over 300 but not sure for how long. Overall the brisket turned out good, no complaints other than not as moist as I would have liked. The family scarfed it down quickly without a word of it being dry - leftovers tonight...chopped beef sandwiches!

Back