12th Man chilli!

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Evening folks...prepping for the big game tomorrow..making a little chilli for tomorrow's football game! Gotta do it so here we go!
A few fixings ready for action!!

A few Tri tip strips hit with some of Kevin Krugers coco/coffee rub I made a while back!

Seared them up good on the performer with some hickory flavor!

Moved the meat back and added some bacon to the Dutch oven!

Then some veggies in the pot!

Chunked up the steak

Everybody in the tub to simmer for a bit!

All the hard work is done so relax time with some tunes and drinks

I'll let this simmer for a couple hours and tomorrow it will go to a football party along with some bacon cornbread and lots of beer!
12th man flag flying high on blue Friday!!Go hawks!!

Have a good evening folks!! Take care!

Outstanding looking pot of chili, well done Morgan!!! We have the same thing planned at my neighbors for Sundays game only they are making the chili and we are in charge of the hot dogs and brats

Wow, that is just awesome, something I definitely have to do!Can you give me more details?

Sure Mike no prob....

I started with 4 strips of Tri tip..seasoned and seared..(KK's rub is in the recipe section)
1 sweet onion chopped, 2 bell peppers, 6 garlic cloves...all chopped
1/2 pack of bacon.

Seared the meat, started the bacon, added the veggies and garlic (hit them with some weber garlic)
Once the veggies simmered down I added 2 cans kidney beans, 2 cans tomato sauce, S&P, cumin and chili powder! Add 1 beer and the cut up seared meat and let it simmer for a while (I simmered this for an hour on the grill, got tired and transferred everything to a big crock pot and set it on low all nite!! House smells amazing this morning!!

Hope that helps Mike!

That will be a great afternoon: Sittin' around the TV, watching football and eating your chili! Enjoy, Morgan.

Morgan, super lookin' chili. I'm doing chili during the games today also. Hope that it looks half as good as yours bro. Good luck in the game this afternoon. Hope to see a bronc & hawk super bowl. they are the 2 best teams in the conferences.

Morgan, super lookin' chili. I'm doing chili during the games today also. Hope that it looks half as good as yours bro. Good luck in the game this afternoon. Hope to see a bronc & hawk super bowl. they are the 2 best teams in the conferences.

I hear that is a prediction seeing both teams are fairing very well at
Home this year!!

Good luck against the Chargers tomorrow and hope to see some grilled
Chilli coming out of Colorado!

Sure Mike no prob....

I started with 4 strips of Tri tip..seasoned and seared..(KK's rub is in the recipe section)
1 sweet onion chopped, 2 bell peppers, 6 garlic cloves...all chopped
1/2 pack of bacon.

Seared the meat, started the bacon, added the veggies and garlic (hit them with some weber garlic)
Once the veggies simmered down I added 2 cans kidney beans, 2 cans tomato sauce, S&P, cumin and chili powder! Add 1 beer and the cut up seared meat and let it simmer for a while (I simmered this for an hour on the grill, got tired and transferred everything to a big crock pot and set it on low all nite!! House smells amazing this morning!!

Hope that helps Mike!
Thanks Morgan, I will be doing that soon.

Back