120 Day Dry Aged Rib Eyes

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
Picked a couple of these up at my butcher at home.
IMAG1139_zpsce5vdnag.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picked these up at a local shop in Lincoln City....needed some surf to go with the turf by the surf
IMAG1200_zpsmywtahkq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

But before we get into all of that I had some pulled pork sliders for lunch. The brew is from Rogue brewery and this one is perhaps my favorite from this brewery
IMAG1184_zpsk327u8b5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What I like about the Oregon coast is that you can be right on the ocean and look behind you and see views like this
IMAG1191_zpsg8jrjexd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG1192_zpsdnjnavh4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And now the front view
IMAG1193_zpsfexwe8dh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Anyway....back to the main event
IMAG1205_zpsmnhltx69.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My initial plan for this trip was to pack one of my kettles or performer along, however as the weather predicted rain all week I couldn't leave the bed cover off my truck since I would have luggage in the bed also. I got the Smokey Joe for Christmas and I was luck to score a charcoal go anywhere off of CL for $25.00 which was still in the box, so those are the only tools I have to work with this week.

IMAG1203_zpsexyy79l2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpeg_1_3_zpso0ijqczl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpeg_1_2_zpskqcqnhfk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry no action shoots of the prawns being cooked.

IMAG1207_zpsl5uzbf3j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG1211_zpsalyiuomn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

HEY....someone snuck a non-protein on my plate

These steaks were so good I would even serve one to Mr. Bill Shultz.

I had to tap out at this point
IMAG1213_zpsfsrfmhnt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got the dishes cleaned up just in time to enjoy this

IMAG1215_zpspkmx7ohy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG1216_zpshqcuavvn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As the sun was setting I made the comment that if the Good Lord wanted to take me home tonight....I was good with that.

Maybe it was just the wine talking

IMAG1218_zpswyl8axjp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tonight we're doing Roadside Chicken on the Road.

Have a good day all!

Last edited:
Monster cook james. those slabs of beef look excellent even before hitting your fire. did you enjoy the dry aged beef? its delicious. great cookout and great views. thanks chief.

don't lift the lid...

Amazing cook and views, James. I love me some grilled surf n turf! And good job with the tasty libations too. My only experience with Oregon is hunting chukar in the eastern BLM area (near Adrian). Very beautiful country but very dry.

Great looking steaks Jim, looks like a really nice place, I'm a big fan of Rogue also (Dead Guy Ale)

Mr. Bill Schultz is drooling as he eye's you plates my friend, I can tell you that. I have not seen that coast for twenty years and miss it dearly. Thanks for the views and congrats on a masterful cook.

Mr. Bill Schultz is drooling as he eye's you plates my friend, I can tell you that. I have not seen that coast for twenty years and miss it dearly. Thanks for the views and congrats on a masterful cook.

Bill, anytime...anytime you want to come back to the left coast for a visit, I have a room for you and I will let you pick which grill of mine you want to use.

Delicious looking cooks and the view is fantastic! It has been about 20 years since I have been on the Oregon coast. Spent
a beautiful week in Lincoln City!

Back