10 dolla holla (new Redhead from Craigslist)

Well, $20 brought it home! The maroon top is really clean, a little TLC will put that right. Deep box, 13 bar, some cleaning is all it needs! The old style heavy grease catch pan is a bit rusty but, solid, the pan is good, bars are rubbish. Grates are not bad, I’ve got a year or two left in them, burners fire clean. A good cleaning and paint should make the box and top look top notch! I’m happier ab It this one than the silver B I spent way more for!

Sounds like a winner, Timothy! I really like the maroon hoods, my second favorite to black. I am with Bruce; let us see some pictures when you can!

Because for $39 that's a no brainer

Yea I think you are right. I am set to look at it today during lunch.
As long as everything looks decent I will probably pick it up and flip it. Not going to do a full tear down like I did not mine as I don't have as much time.

Yea I think you are right. I am set to look at it today during lunch.
As long as everything looks decent I will probably pick it up and flip it. Not going to do a full tear down like I did not mine as I don't have as much time.

Did you get it shows as sold 30 bucks for a nice spirit 700 which I think it is does not get any better than that. I think those were 5 bars Jeff has a resto of one a few pages back.

Did you get it shows as sold 30 bucks for a nice spirit 700 which I think it is does not get any better than that. I think those were 5 bars Jeff has a resto of one a few pages back.

Brian,
It was a 5 bar, it was the first series Weber that used that design, preceding the A/B/C Series.

That Spirit 700 I owned was a great grill and the good Friend I sold it to uses it daily.

Jeff

Interesting. I thought that was a 13 bar grill but looking back at the photo, it sure does look to have the shallower cook box.

I did not get it. Went to look at it and it was going to need new grated and flavorizer bars for sure.
Plus I decided since I don’t have NG I better hold off. Frame was in good shape!
I also did not have any room for another grill right now. Haha

This redhead hit the FB marketplace this morning.
It is natural gas so I don't have a use for it personally but thought about restoring it....Why must things be so tempting!!!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/718214628532456/?surface=messenger_banner

This is funny. I looked at it too since I work close by. And I did not take it either. Basically everything inside had to be replaced. Plus that type of folding table is not compatible with the later style and I don't want another NG grill. Plus I also have too many grills sitting in my driveway right now.

Back