Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Q lid repaint

TVWBB Member
    My colleague has been using the Q I painted with the same engine enamel and his is fine. There must have been issues with the prep of my lid as mine has pitting. Here is my colleagues lid
    [IMG]EBCC6435-5190-435A-9F76-2564DB79C038 by Liz Quentin, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Owner of Q100 Q200 Q220 and

TVWBB Member
    Liz, any idea what you did differently between the two. I have two to paint and want to avoid as many mistakes as possible. Thanks, Richard.

If it isn't the paint, then it is most likely the prep for the paint. Were both lids completely stripped of the original paint, or did you just clean and paint over the weber paint? We both lids cleaned the same way? What did you do in preparation for painting? Any chance one lid got contaminated between cleaning/prepping and actual painting?

On the bottom edge on the front of the lid on the right side, I see a couple "bubbles" or is that just bumps in the aluminum lid?
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

On the lid that had problems, you would likely see some kind of pattern where the paint failed vs areas where it looked fine. If that is the case, then it would indicate the lid wasn't cleaned and/or prepped completely before painting.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456