Rotisserie

Dustin Flavell

TVWBB Pro
Okay all got the green light from the wife on a rotisserie today. Her idea. Really. Anyway I digress. Been lusting on one for years from Cajun Bandit. Love their stuff. I think I have just about every item they sell besides the rotisserie. So who to get from is not the question the real question I have (or advice I need) is on the size.

So I always thought that if I bought a rotisserie it would be for my 26er. The mini ranch. But now that I have the green light I find my self questioning if a rotisserie for the 26er is the right choice. I have three 22” kettles, a performer, an old school mastertough and a “super sized” jumbo joe I built for camping. I also have a 22” WSM which I understand will also work with the Cajun bandit rotisserie. 4 grills will accept it so the choice should be easy right...Here’s my dilemma. The 26er is the Golden Child. The only one I bought brand new and not on CL. The go too for just about every cook. My favorite. The mini ranch.

Do I pull the trigger on the rotisserie for the 26er or on one for the 22’s. Price difference is about 30 bucks. What do you all think?

Do the 22”, you can dedicate one for it. I am on the lookout for a pair of extra 22”s one for roti, one for pizza.
“Hi, I’m Tim and I’m a grillaholic.”

No offense to any one with any serious afflictions.

Edit:

Dustin is right, if the 26” is the golden child (which I understand completely) for the 30 bucks, get that one, you will be happier!
One upgrade, I put a set of 1/4x20 studs around mine to make an extra stack of grates when needed. I can spin a chicken with the GBS grate on top studs (center section removed), sausages around that level and pus a pan of beans or potatoes on the bottom. Makes for a pretty good use of the space and coal management for me.

Last edited:
Unless you're planning to make one of your 22s a semi-permanent roti grill, or you're thinking of all sorts of roti recipes for the WSM, I'd go for the 26. You can only use it on one grill at a time and the 26er gives you more options for bigger cooks using the roti.

BD

Bill,
Who says you can only use one grill at a time!?
I’ve used as many as three!
I’m fairly cheap, and unless you are doing really large (multiple beasts?)spinning projects, the 22 would be a bit more practical but, that’s just me.
If you’ve got space and can enjoy the doghouse until your wife forgives the extra purchase, get them both and have a huge “Spinathon” using several grills!!!

Bill,
Who says you can only use one grill at a time!?
I’ve used as many as three!
I’m fairly cheap, and unless you are doing really large (multiple beasts?)spinning projects, the 22 would be a bit more practical but, that’s just me.
If you’ve got space and can enjoy the doghouse until your wife forgives the extra purchase, get them both and have a huge “Spinathon” using several grills!!!

He said that you can only use IT (the rotisserie) on one grill at a time, so the fact that a 22" would fit multiple grills doesn't really matter.

Thanks fellas. Going to pull the trigger on the roti for the 26er. it's the go to so it makes sense that and since I like doing ribs flat I am sure I can "modify" it to accept another cooking grate to increase capacity ;) Thought about just getting one of each and begging forgiveness from the wife, but I used that one when I pulled the trigger on a CL ranch a few years ago. I'll be living in the garden shed with my weber fleet if I am not careful.

My last WSM was a 22 gift when my brother decided that he no longer had much interest in smoking (that’s a pity, he did some pretty amazingly good cooks) but, I still had to justify the ownership to my wife. It wasn’t that hard but, I really do need to design my smoke shack after “ice out” so I can clear some room in the garage. I may be getting my Genny back from her son and that will need some room too!
Anyone have plans for a good doghouse?

The 26er makes a great roti grill. I've been able to fit 2 turkeys 14lbs each on my roti and feed a crowd on Big Bird Day. I also like Cajun Bandit products a lot and have their rotisserie for my 26.75 Mini Ranch and my 18.5" Jumbo Joe. The big one for the crowds and the smaller one for just the 2 of us and camping. The looks I get at campgrounds from people watching with envy as my roti goes round and round are priceless.

Yep, the looks you get sometimes are hilarious! I used to take my kettle to bluegrass festivals and people would walk by with plates of “stuff” from the roach coach and think I was too poor to get those delicacies! Then they saw the dozen turkey drumsticks come off and they were just amazed.
A couple of years later, I counted no less than six Weber’s in use!

My doghouse is my carport,18x26 sides covered on the west and south end,use it as a patio more than a carport lol ,every thing stays dry unless fog rolls in spare fridge freezer Grills and smokers stay out of the weather and last longer these days with less hassle

I would love a rotisserie. is the Cajun bandit better than the OEM weber one? Are there any other options besides those 2?

The main difference between the 2 is the Cajun Bandit allows you to use it on either a smoker or grill of the same size. You flip it over depending on what you are using it on and either move the motor mounts or bolt a second mount in place. The Weber rotisserie only works on the grills.

The rotisserie on my 22" kettle is a Weber and older it has a fairly low weight limit. I believe they have increased it now. I also have a rotisserie on my Weber gas grill it is 3rd party and uses the same motor\spit manufacture as the Cajun Bandit. And I have the Cajun Bandit 18" rotisserie that allows me to use it both on the WSM or Jumbo Joe. With the WSM rotisserie you can cook directly over hot coals and as the fat drips into the coals it creates a different flavor profile than cooking with the coals off to the side in a kettle.

26041670908_8f83bc77e2_b.jpg

It does create a bit of a mess with the fat drippings and requires more clean up than having a pan under the meat to catch the drippings, but I also like the taste cooked that way. Owning 3 rotisseries easy to tell I am a fan of them. Now I need a 26" kettle and roti :)

The 26er makes a great roti grill. I've been able to fit 2 turkeys 14lbs each on my roti and feed a crowd on Big Bird Day. I also like Cajun Bandit products a lot and have their rotisserie for my 26.75 Mini Ranch and my 18.5" Jumbo Joe. The big one for the crowds and the smaller one for just the 2 of us and camping. The looks I get at campgrounds from people watching with envy as my roti goes round and round are priceless.

Steve, does the lid still fit in the lid holder with the rotisserie on? I decided to go for the CB 26” rotisserie. Just need to hit the order button. Got to thinking about the lid though...

Back