Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I am Trying to Save a Red Head. (With Pictures)

TVWBB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    Bill, do you have the support bracket that connects the manifold to the frame? I don't see it in your photo, maybe it's in the cardboard box of parts.

My first New Platinum series I was missing that par, really helps keep burners in place.
    Gary
    WSM, 2 genesis platinum series I, genesis platinum series II, ss performer, q 200, SJG

Sometimes they are just wire brakets that clip over that rail to the bottom right in the picture. I have seen several grills with them not used at all. But that could simply be that they fell off and were lost by a previous owner.

My personal Genesis 1000 doesn't have any kind of bracket or support and I didn't put one on after I refurbished it. I probably should have something just for the added support, but it seems pretty sturdy without any extra support.
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

Bill, Awesome job! What a beautiful grill. You have me inspired to get my current Genesis S-310 restoration done so that I can dedicate some time to a real classic like yours. I will be happy to get even halfway as good results.

Thanks for all the great pics. Hope you save another one soon!
    Genesis 330-SE, Q200 Performer , 2 kettles, Green Egg, Orion Cooker & restoring a Genesis 1000 and 3000.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345