Pacific Halibut

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
As Alton Brown would say, get to know your local Meat Manager! I did at Albertson's in Highland, CA, it paid off recently!. This store has always stocked the best seafood as they get their seafood from Santa Monica Seafood company every other day. I check every Saturday morning to see what came off the boat recently. New is Central Pacific halibut. I never tried this fish before, and after chatting with the manager, she gave me a STEEP discount on the fish. I could not refuse the offer. I ended up in getting 2 nice size fillets. I do not know how to cook this fish. Thought about grilling it on the weber, or use my deep fryer. I ended up pan frying it with some season flour. OMG the fish tasted great!!! Super moist and very tasty fish!!! Here are the pics :).

IMG_0681 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_0683 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_0685 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_0686 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_4148 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_4150 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

Halibut is my favorite fish to catch. You got a great price on those filets. You cooked them up quite nicely, especially not knowing how. Nicely done Michael

Killer deal on that halibut! Our favorite fish hands down. I paid the full price the last time I bought some. Made my mouth water just looking at those pictures.

OMG That is some awesome Halibut. I love that fish and when Rich and I go out for dinner I try and get that if it's on the menu. Going to have to try cooking some one of these days.

Back