First Brisket on the WSM July 4th!

Michael Roberts

TVWBB Fan
What's July 4th without brisket, hamburgers and hot dogs? That doesn't happen at my house so here's the goods. Only my 2nd time to use the WSM - this was a much more pleasant experience than my first. Used the Performer for the burgers and hot dogs. The brisket was very tender and moist. Here it is all sliced up and plated. I used McClards BBQ rub liberally on the both sides. I grew up eating there often having lived less than a few hours away and always keep their rub, sauce, pepper sauce and salsa on hand.

Burgers, cole slaw and Grillin' Beans.

Sliced brisket with beans, cole slaw

Brisket and Hot Dog with beans and cole slaw. You can't really tell we used the "Slot Dog" on the franks prior to cooking. It's a gimmicky gadget though admittedly it does allow the frank to cook throughout and kids love it.

Last edited:
Good job, Michael. :)

I guess it's easy for you Texans to get brisket right. :cool:

I'm afraid to even try, lol.

Good job, Michael. :)

I guess it's easy for you Texans to get brisket right. :cool:

I'm afraid to even try, lol.

Thanks Rusty! While I'm a novice with the WSM I'm been charcoal grilling for 20 years and I've surmised with both it's really two T's - timing and temperature! Give it a try :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice cook, excellent 4th of July meal

Thanks! Everyone had a great time. Food, fun and family.

Congrats on that plate of food it looks fantastic. I also love the plate and glass used.

Back