Imur/Photobucket/Amazon Prime thoughts

Jeff MA

TVWBB All-Star
After this past Photobucket "Greed" this past 07/05 I have been slowly changing over the photos in my posts, not a easy task as it's been a slow process.

I at first tried Amazon as I have a Amazon Prime account but while the pics indeed show up there are only from a "clickable link", not direct picture posting. While this works I much prefer them to show up in the post.
If someone has better luck than me please let me know.

At Chris' suggestion I am now trying Imug and so far it is proving as easy as Photobucket.

At least I have a cold Switchback beer or two :) to past the time.

JmAqkFNh.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:
Something strange is happening here-

I have been going through my posts fixing pics where several are popping up now with the pic coming up from Photobucket.

Did they develop a conscience??

Jeff

Yah, I had been using PB for years. I found that Imgur works just fine. It will just take some time to get used to the new format and linking procedures.

I wonder if others will follow similar fate. I pay Google some money for extra storage so I know pics will be there long term. I've always had to do some work around to host them though.

I tried uploading a NEW pic to PB and posting it yesterday (in another forum). I haven't changed my "plan" (such as it is) and the pic posted online just fine. The upload time was quick BUT it took a half an hour for it to show in the album.

Other than the "show" time, it works the same for me as always so I'm at a loss to explain your issues. This was uploaded yesterday to PB.

20161007_091614_zpsd27hphwt.jpg

Do you have a paid plan with PB? You said "such as it is". Most people have a free plan.

This is a test photo from PB:
Weber%20Genesis%20Silver%20B%20-%20Platinum%20Green%20Head%205_zpsjreoehnf.jpg

Interesting to see that it now seems to be working again.

Do you have a paid plan with PB? You said "such as it is". Most people have a free plan.

This is a test photo from PB:
Weber%20Genesis%20Silver%20B%20-%20Platinum%20Green%20Head%205_zpsjreoehnf.jpg

Interesting to see that it now seems to be working again.

My "same plan" is the free one, I've had it since 2004 (a long time, anyways). 7% used (out of 2gb: I think 2gb was the limit for the free one)

Yep, and for some reason, PB free seems to be working fine now. Not sure what was going on the last few days. Maybe just a glitch, but it sure seemed like they were moving away from the free accounts....Or maybe they tried to and got too much back lash.

PB has for the most part has been a PITA. I have/had a paid plan and everything was still working as well as PB has ever worked, which is sporadic at best.
I've moved on to Flickr and it works very well so far. I just don't trust PB anymore, just one thing after another with their site.
This is the only site I load pictures to, so the loss of PB and the pictures there wasn't any family pictures on PB so no great loss.

Back