Work in progress: Custom Table

Q9LNkxA.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Finished product! 22.5 weber kettle

Added a bottle opener, galvanized pipe, and some tool holders.

Last edited:
I live in sunny Southern California. Not too many days do I need to wheel it inside due to weather. I thought about adding casters, but think I'm going to leave it the way it is now.

Awesome table!! May I ask how you connected the lower portion of the kettle to the table? Does it just rest in the opening or is it screwed in somehow?

Does the wood need to be heat treated before you use burning coal in the lower portion?

Great job....:)

Great job on the table!! I have the same blue performer....hmmmmmm, now you have me thinking...
Tim

Awesome table!! May I ask how you connected the lower portion of the kettle to the table? Does it just rest in the opening or is it screwed in somehow?

Does the wood need to be heat treated before you use burning coal in the lower portion?

Great job....:)

Jeff,

The lower portion of the kettle came from an old Weber Performer. It had built in screws to attach to the original weber table. So I just mimicked that for the new wooden table.

I did not treat the wood, other than just the weatherproofing paint. The table does not get hot at all.

Pretty nice. Way better than anything I could build.

Are you left handed?. Where do you hang the lid?

Yes, I am left handed. that's the main reason for building a custom table. I wanted the grill to be on the other side, plus have more work space.

Theres a hook on the right side of the grill the lid hands off of...

I'm left handed but, I need both to use the double barreled set up I built, I had failed to take lid storage on the right handed one, I had to think of something and Jason at "Unknown BBQ" tweaked one of his hinges to fit the 18"! I was not thinking clearly when I did the placement and ended up rotating the kettle, 90 degrees so, it swings open up to the right instead of towards the back, far more comfortable!
Photo on left is prior to hinge installation.

Back