You know you're into Barbeque When..... *****

Ron G.

TVWBB Wizard
Just made an observation this morning after putting a big chunk-o-shoulder on:

-Rub residue on your screen door handle...
wsmsmile8gm.gif

(This might prove to be a fun one to compile a list after a few weeks / months?)

Originally posted by Ron G.:
Just made an observation this morning after putting a big chunk-o-shoulder on:

-Rub residue on your screen door handle...
wsmsmile8gm.gif

(This might prove to be a fun one to compile a list after a few weeks / months?)

I have a yellow lab, that would never happen here!!! He and I fight over who licks the door handles! Kinda like licking the cake beaters when you were young!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

When you tell your guests you are about to smoke a fatty, and they think you are partaking in illegal substances.

when you know what kind of trees are in your neighborhood and go riding around looking for downed limbs after a storm.

...when you smell your neighbors starter fluid when hhe fires up the grill and you wonder why he uses that stuff! And the I smell the food cooking even before all the fluid has burned off! UUUGGGHHH!

Ray

.... when you don't mind doing hard labor in the backyard, because you know you will be near the patio, thus the smoker and the kettle, and the lingering perfume of good things gone bye and the next to come.

Gary

When the alarm goes off at 3:00 a.m., so that you can start to cook supper 4 hrs before breakfast is even eaten.

when you know which way to spin the vents on the bottom of a WSM, to open or close, without looking at the opening, in the dark, with half a load on!

when you know which way to spin the vents on the bottom of a WSM, to open or close, without looking at the opening, in the dark, with half a load on!

man, you're good. I had to do the "one bent tab mod" on each vent so I know which way is close and which way is open.

When you go to WalMart and the first place you go is the brisket section to see if they are marked down. Plus, your wife can't fit any thing else in the freezer because it's filled with pork butts you bought on sale for $.99/lb

When you spend a lot of time talking about "butts", but you're:

-NOT some sort of perv
-NOT into tobacco

...when your eyes light up when someone asks you to smoke something for them and you can't get that "grin" off of your face. (and your wifey doesn't even have to ask...)

Back