Brisket question

Mark Al

Has anyone ever used corned beef for BBQ brisket? I think corned beef is Brisket and if I'm not mistaken the spices are add after you buy it. I think there is a kit of seasonings. It would be nice to get smaller pieces as me and my GF don't need 15+ LBS of brisket and I could use my mini WSM instead of the 18" for a smaller batch of BBQ.:wsm:

Technically you are right but, a corned beef has been "corned" which is brining. That has been done in the processing plant before they package it. I'm sure it would be good but, it's a little different than a normal brisket.

That's pretty much how you get pastrami. You smoke corned beef. It's very good, but like Timothy said, different from BBQ brisket.

Well I like Pastrami...so I guess I'm good to go. With St Patties day just around the corner corned beef should be on sale everywhere.

Well now I think I know what I'll be doing on the WSM soon, maybe this weekend. Pastrami for dinner after the Daytona 500!

One of my first "experiments" after getting my 22.5" was corned beef. I soaked it overnight...a "negative-brine" if you'd like. It actually came out pretty good, not brisket, but still good.

Back