Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Heatermeter Aux. Thermocouple And two probe board V6.1(Final Version)

TVWBB Diamond Member
    The good news is that the thermocouple amp IC is back in stock! That part has no good substitute!
    This should be a good substitute for the capacitor
    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...%252B8KzZOc%3D
    I suggest you buy a couple extra of all the cheap parts, they are tiny and easy to lose, worth the extra buck to have a spare when one disappears on you!
    I created the Roto Damper, RD3, HMv4.2 sliding back case, "air-burner" and the "ping-pong" valve in my quest for delicious "set and forget" BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphTrimble View Post
    This should be a good substitute for the capacitor
    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...%252B8KzZOc%3D
    If my eyes are working right the part in your link shows an 18 week back order - was that a typo?

Thanks - Richard

Never mind - it was my eyes, I was looking at the order lead time, not the quantity on hand (11,000+).

However now it seems the thermocouple socket is not in stock at Newark, the alternative they list has a minimum quantity of 100. Any suggestions on where to look?

Quote Originally Posted by RNMixon View Post
    If my eyes are working right the part in your link shows an 18 week back order - was that a typo?
    Thank you much - Richard

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    The capacitors are a super common part, any 0805 0.1uF MLCC capacitor will do, with at least 25V rating and I'd recommend X5R dielectric. Not sure if this search link will work, but I just went to mouser, passives, capacitors, MLCC, then selected 0805 case code (in), 0.1uF, and X5R, and it dropped down to just 12 in stock products (link). Forgot to select the voltage, but just add that and you'll be good to go.

EDIT: Oops didn't realize there were more posts on the next page. I fail at forums. The thermocouple socket is a real specialty part, I've only been able to get them from Newark for $2 each, or eBay for like $5 each.
    EDIT2: Geez I need to just sell them on eBay since someone there has sold 7 at $15 each?!
    Last edited by Bryan Mayland; Today at 07:01 AM.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

Sparkfun has them for $4 but no idea what shipping is like.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13612

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
    Sparkfun has them for $4 but no idea what shipping is like.
    https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13612
    I actually noticed that mouser and digikey have them as well, except with the sparkfun part number PRT-13612 so you can get them with any other order, but at $4.38 each.

Why are connectors always so expensive? I can get TWO microcontrollers for that, or one and a half ESP8266 modules. I also balked at paying $7.50 for a knockoff replacement for a tiny switch that broke in a device I have, so I spent 20 minutes finding a matching part on mouser, only to find they are $8.50 each in quantity 1. What is inside these things?!
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Unobtainium and smoke, Bryan. Don't let the smoke out, either.....

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213