Wolfe's Wing's

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So first of all happy Thanksgiving to you all, been a hectic couple of weeks around here but thankfully I did not cook much as Thanksgiving is the CEO's and she is more than justifiably famous for it. It was great with 23 of her side of the family here and all my kids home. Much to give thanks for for sure.

Anyhow, the kids were all leaving today for college and back to NYC for work and the request went out for my Wings, so as the fat man said, away we go!

DSC00202_zps40b25201.jpg

DSC00204_zpse1b367f0.jpg

Wings in the fridge drying out and spiced with McCormick Spicy Citrus

DSC00196_zpsf77e2b57.jpg

On the WSM over lump and Stubbs

DSC00205_zpsca59a001.jpg

After the second coating cooked on, ready and heading in

DSC00208_zps9a459480.jpg

On the table with the CEO's famous Sweet Potato recipe

DSC00214_zps5feb14f6.jpg

Let's hear more about those sweet taters!

I'll tell ya, those wings look great....ah, it's just the fancy plate ;)

Perfect looking wings, don't get any better than that my friend....not sure who this fat man is but he did a great job in getting you to make the wings!

Jackie Gleason is the fat man, and the taters are my CEO's recipe.

Red Onions sauteed until soft, Balsamic Vinegar added and reduced with the onions. Sweet Potatoes roasted till almost done, Onion/Balsamic reduction added and mixed in with the taters and roasted till taters fully done.

They are goooood!

Looks great Bill. I've been checking out those wings for a while and will have to give them a go one of these days. Glad you had a good Holiday.

Those look incredible, Bill. Your family eats well, and must love being able "create their own menu" for you to cook :D

TECHNIQUE QUESTION:
When you add your coating, do you take each wing off or brush it on while they're on the smoker? I do mine on my kettle, so temp control gets wonky with the lid opening and closing. Just trying to figure out most efficient way to execute the sauce. Thanks!

Luke the first coating I take them off one at a time and dunk them. The second coating I do brush on pretty heavy for the reason you mention.

Willy makes Wolfe's wings look wonderful!
Sounds like Thanksgiving was wonderful too, best to you and your family Bill.

Very nice looking wings. Hard to top that sauce ingredients. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Bill;
Another terrific job! Wings done Larry Wolfe's recipe (orange marmalade sriracha) or Walkerswood Original Jerk Seasoning+Blues Hog BBQ sauce, cooked "Hot and Fast" on the WSM and I am good to go!!

Good stuff, GOOD STUFF!!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back