Thread: Funny story...

Funny story...

As long as I'm answering questions, I want to tell you guys a funny story that happened to me a couple of years ago.

When I was working for EMC, I went on a business trip to Las Vegas. I flew out of San Francisco Int'l Airport and parked in long-term parking. When I arrived, the garage was full and they had this weird system in which they tell you the garage is full as you drive up to it, give you a couple of sheets of paper, and have you drive back out the gate, across the street, and into an overflow lot. Some of you SF Bay Area people may know what I'm talking about.

I thought the process was ridiculous. When I got back home, I wrote a letter to the airport authority asking why not put up a sign right at the parking approach sending people directly to the overflow lot?

Several days later, I got a nice letter on SFO letterhead from someone in the parking division, explaining that they agreed and hoped to fix the problem someday.

The letter continued onto the back of the page...and when I turned it over, it said something like:

"And if this is from the Chris Allingham of The Virtual Weber Bullet, thanks for your great barbecue website!"

I was absolutely floored!

Well, this IS a great website, and a big "Thanks" to you for all that you do.
    NAR = Nancy and Ryan
    SJS, 22.5" Performer in Green, 18.5 WSM and ThermoWorks Smoke

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Jim Lampe's Avatar
    Ha! I can imagine your reaction after reading that line, Chris... That's Awesome!
    Living a dream in
    ......................The Home of THE P1GVILION

Cool story....
    Weber Summit Charcoal Grill, Primo Grill, Pellet Smoker, Weber Genesis, Weber Q, Weber 22" OTG, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber 26"

Awesome story..the guy was thrilled..what's the chance of that happening!
    Weber Performer w/Gas Assist-22 1/2" WSM-Weber FirePlace-Cajun Bandit Rotisserie-Kettle Pizza-Maverick 732- SuperFast Thermopen Camoflauge

TVWBB Hall of Fame Dwain Pannell's Avatar
    You know you've hit the big time when your complaint letter gets an atta boy!

TVWBB Diamond Member Mike Cosgrove's Avatar
    Nice, thats really cool.
    Wherever you go, there you are.18.5 OTS, 26.75 OTG, Custom Stainless Portable Charcoal Grill, Dark Blue Performer, Mini WSM.

Chris when I was new to BBQ you offered up a few bags of the "yet-to-be-released" Kingsford Competition charcoal to anyone who would meet you in San Jose. I happened to be driving down from Sacramento that weekend and took you up on your generous offer. I have to tell you that I felt very privileged that day to have actually met the awesome Chris Allingham.
    Lang 60 Deluxe, Jumbo Big Drum Smoker, Genesis EP-320, 22" Kettle w/Cajun Bandit Conversion, 22" Platinum, Graphite PK Grill, Q 1200, Smokey Joe, Go-Anywhere (Charcoal)

Great story Chris
    '08 WSM 18.5" , Weber Fireplace, '06 Go-Anywhere Charcoal, an '85 & '86 Smokey Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Whiting View Post
    Chris when I was new to BBQ you offered up a few bags of the "yet-to-be-released" Kingsford Competition charcoal...
    Kingsford gave me about 10 bags of that charcoal to try out, and I figured it would good to spread the wealth! I was happy to share some with you, Steve!