Lodge: America's Last King of Cast Iron Finds His Time Has Come Again

Its cheap enough (costs more than Chinese version but superior IMO, both the straight and enameled versions) that even if you think you might use it, get it. I used a 10" skillet for making cornbread. Straight out of the box, so to speak, other than a quick rub with 'oiled salt and paper towel' for the first cleaning before use, the bread just popped right out. Not a crumb stuck to it.

Thanks for sharing the article Chris. Now I know why I can't find a used dutch oven at a garage sale anymore when there used to be lots of them for next to nothing.

Thanks for the article, Chris. I'm very proud that Lodge calls Tennessee home, and you can take it to the bank that there's no Chinese CI in this house. Pancakes, grilled sourdough sandwiches....you name it. It's better cooked with cast iron.

I like my Lodge Hibachi and pans. They are sturdy and should last long enough for my grandchildren to pass them along to their kids too.

All I use most of the time. After they get seasoned well and if you run temp a fuzz lower eggs dont stick at all. Great for grilled cheese and best for fried chicken for sure.. Ive started baking using charcoal and cast. Loads of fun!

Back