Zwilling, extraordinary customer service experience

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Olympian
So, a few of my Zwilling Professional S knives have reached their end. I submitted a warranty claim today via Zwilling along with supporting pics.

Knives I bought back in 1994/1995 are being replaced, no charge, due to their aging and failing over many years' use.

I knew I spent a lot when I bought these, then. Probably over $400 originally and my collection today is likely over $1,000 $1,800+ (i just added up what I have) in total value.

But when a company, within just a few short hours of submitting a claim, advises me that my entire claim (4 knives) are fully covered, I am reminded why I bought these.

A client for life. I swear by my knives, and even the small bits of fingers I've sliced up over the years.

Mad respect for Zwilling who are committed to excellent service. I am humbled to receive some new knives that will likely outlast me at this point.

You get what you pay for in life. Cheers to extraordinary experiences.

Last edited:
Very cool....never even thought of warranty on mine. I have a lot of the Professional S as well, and one in particular (my chef) is definitely the worst for wear....I've had them forever as well...but I suspect their warranty does not cover normal wear...what was wrong with yours?

Last edited:
Very cool....never even thought of warranty on mine. I have a lot of the Profession S as well, and one in particular (my chef) is definitely the worst for wear....I've had them forever as well...but I suspect their warranty does not cover normal wear...what was wrong with yours?
the warranty does cover normal wear. my 6.5" chef's Pro S knife's handle cracked at the rivet. fully covered under warranty.

my boning knife boke in half around 15 years ago and sat in a drawer. covered.

a rivet on my pairing knife is falling off/rusting out. covered.

my 6" slicing/utility knife lost a rivet cap and the tip of the knife cracked off years ago. covered.

recco: take pics of your issues and do a chat session with customer service. this worked for me and i was blown away with the service level i received from their team. they'll request the pics and advise how to best proceed.

And quite honsestly I did not know they were the same company until I went to the factory in Germany

Just so happens there's a Front Page deal on Slickdeals for Zwilling knives, if any of you want to round out your collection. I followed the link and got a popup for 15% off , too, but I don't know if these deals can be stacked.

Just so happens there's a Front Page deal on Slickdeals for Zwilling knives, if any of you want to round out your collection. I followed the link and got a popup for 15% off , too, but I don't know if these deals can be stacked.

the sale is on the Zwilling website itself: https://www.zwilling.com/us/sale/cutlery-sale/

Here's a 20% off coupon link if you'd like to use it. Zwilling gave this to me to share. No limit on how many people can use the link.

offer is valid to new customers at zwilling.com

@Chris Allingham, feel free to delete this if i am in violation of your T&C's. i mean no harm here.

Not this time Enablers! I’m stupid good on cutlery, even though it is a weakness of mine.
buying stuff you don't need is due to enablers. buying stuff you do need is due to friends.

with gifting season coming, this is a nice way to give something to someone you actually care about.

last year, my kids (all 3) got the same cookbook from me. this year, i will likely buy them a specialty knife to help them build their lifetime collection.

i have purchased only one non-Zwilling knife in the past 20 years. it was the Mercer trimming knife off of Amazon. the Mercer doesn't hold an edge like zwilling but since i know that, i always run it across the steel before each use. it serves its purpose well. and for what it cost, i can survive using and owning it.

Remember, one must never “Give” a knife, (Symbolic of severing the relationship) a coin stuck to the package and returned to the giver is a common practice.
I usually just ask for a nickel.
The things you didn't know you didn't know! I can't recall ever giving a knife as a gift, fortunately. I've always just stopped communicating with the person.

EDIT: I had a "friend" who reached out to me from prison one time. I thought he wanted to reform his life but instead he tried to talk me into ... well, out of respect for Chris, ... I don't think I could have sent him a knife, though, so I just dropped him as a friend. Funny when you think about it!

Last edited:
So, a few of my Zwilling Professional S knives have reached their end. I submitted a warranty claim today via Zwilling along with supporting pics.

Knives I bought back in 1994/1995 are being replaced, no charge, due to their aging and failing over many years' use.

I knew I spent a lot when I bought these, then. Probably over $400 originally and my collection today is likely over $1,000 $1,800+ (i just added up what I have) in total value.

But when a company, within just a few short hours of submitting a claim, advises me that my entire claim (4 knives) are fully covered, I am reminded why I bought these.

A client for life. I swear by my knives, and even the small bits of fingers I've sliced up over the years.

Mad respect for Zwilling who are committed to excellent service. I am humbled to receive some new knives that will likely outlast me at this point.

You get what you pay for in life. Cheers to extraordinary experiences.
Thanks Brett
I have 2 pro S knives suffering from 25 years of use. I’ll reach out to them.

Back