Zucchini fritters

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
We have had a steady supply of zucchini this growing season. So simple zucchini fritters. Used the waffle iron to make them.
Simple recipe. Three to four medium zucchini grated. 1 egg spices as you like, we used garlic, onion powder and red pepper flakes this time. 1/4 flour 1/4+ cup Panko. Grate zucchini. Place in bowl with tablespoon kosher salt, mix. Place in colander and let drain for 20-30 minutes. Wrap in cheese cloth or kitchen towel and squeeze till you can’t squeeze anymore. Once you are happy with the moisture content mix in other ingredients. Let sit for 5 minutes. If too liquify add more Panko. I used the waffle iron but you can bake these in the oven at 350°f on a baking sheet with parchment. Or fry in a bit of oil on the stove top.

0C30971D-CD1F-4D08-8367-A72A63F3C881.jpeg
0C096AF6-AEB7-4F2B-9FF5-6B5370DEBA04.jpeg
495DF1AB-8D38-4232-B3DE-C3AA4BA11566.jpeg

Wow, love that waffle iron! 🤤
New production. We searched high and low for a good vintage waffle maker where we live and could only find parts and pieces or cobbled together ones.

When the Appalachian Cast Iron Company released this I bought it and it’s a great asset to our kitchen.

CaseT, thanks for the recipe. ;) They sound real good.
So glad I printed out your post. Showed it to DH. He really likes the idea of your fritters cooked in the waffle iron. Wants to try your recipe and also ours that way. Sounds like a lot of good stuff coming soon. I do love fritters. :love:(y):giggle:

Back