Your favorite dessert for summer

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Hi, the other night I saw a show on famous ice cream companies. It got me to thinking about making some ice cream for these hot days. And that got me to thinking about you all. Would you mind sharing your favorite dessert for these hot days?

When peach season arrives Barb and I make peach pies. Well I peal the peaches and Barb makes the pies. With a scoop of caramel ice cream on top, that's my summer dessert.

Last edited:
When peach season arrives Barb and I make peach pies. Well I peal the peaches and Barb makes the pies. With a scoop of caramel ice cream on top, that's my summer desert.
OK, when peaches come in, I make a Ruston peach pie (Emeril) and fresh ice cream! That’s pretty high on my list!

One of my favorite thing to eat in the summer is Butter Pecan Ice Cream. But, when my brother, sister and I were younger, I remember us sitting outside on the back steps eating watermelon and spitting the seeds into the back yard hoping that we would grow more watermelon. That is one of my fondest summer memories. Didn't things seem to taste so much better then?

Life was easier in some ways, I agree! Butter pecan ice cream is a summertime staple for my wife and I, her father and mine both only ate butter pecan!

It doesn't matter what time of the year it is, my favorite is always going to be coconut cream pie.
Pat, same here. Doesn't matter what time of year, my all time favorite is Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Every time I eat it, I think of my mother and father. It was both of their favorite. I still have the pan my mom used to make it. A silver frying pan with removable handle so it could go in the oven. It still works beautiful to this day.

I love Ice cream, but give me a tupperware bowl of ice cold cantaloupe or canned peaches and I'm happy.
I worked outside for most of my career and the little things made a difference.

Tim

Right now it is rhubarb crisp still warm from the oven swith a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. My father planted the rhubarb 63 years ago when we moved to this village and it is still good. Soon it will be homemade biscuits for strawberry shortcake with whipped cream. 😋

When peach season arrives Barb and I make peach pies. Well I peal the peaches and Barb makes the pies. With a scoop of caramel ice cream on top, that's my summer dessert.

Rich, peaches are not a big crop here but I do love them. Would you be so kind as to post Barb’s recipe so I can try to make it in the late summer when the peaches are out here. Thanks!

Back