You Guessed It, More Wings and ABT's

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
It was kind of an odd Super Bowl day. I had a problem with my satellite provider and lost the CBS feed the moment the game began. Black out restrictions would not allow the game to be viewed. :mad: Fortunately I had the CBS Sports App on my phone and that is how I ended up watching the game. Anyway, here's a few pictures of the scaled down version of my snacks.

Got the abt's on first. The jalapeno's are stuffed with Philadelphia cream cheese with garlic and chives, some bbq rub, grated sharp cheddar, Lit'l Smokies and a bacon wrap.

DSC_5157 (Large).JPG

The peppers needed an hour so after they'd been on for 30 minutes I got the wings on. These were a pound and a half of Costco's Party Wings.

DSC_5159 (Large).JPG

Right around an hour the abt's were done. The bacon crisped up very nice.

DSC_5162 (Large).JPG

Next I gathered the wings. Probably could have come off around 5 minutes sooner, but boy were they good!!

DSC_5167 (Large).JPG

Placed the finished wings in a mixture of melted butter and Frank's Original Hot Sauce and mixed them thoroughly. Settled in with my phone, plate and napkin and watched the game. I updated my wife verbally as the game progressed. Felt pretty guilty about that as she was looking forward to the game too. I offered to install the app on her phone but she said no. :confused: Hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for looking.

You're wife didn't miss much, I thought the game was going to be a shootout not a blowout.
I have never tried the melted butter and Franks Red Hot sauce on the wings, I always use Girard's Champagne Vinaigrette instead.
Have to change that.
Your wings and ABT'S look spot on as usual Cliff.

Bummer about your satellite, but the food looks great! I streamed the game via Comcast Xfinity on my laptop, with HDMI to a 42" TV. Worked out well......I guess the satellite providers probably don't offer streaming platforms?

Like Jeff said, the game was kind of a yawner, phone screen should have been plenty big enough to watch the few interesting bits. :)

R

Looks great! I've been craving ABT's for quite sometime. The Jalapenos in the store haven't looked good. So I keep passing on buying any. Been that way here since the pandemic hit.

Great looking cook as usual Cliff. That's a lot of ABT's for two people.
We've munched our way through about half. We love 'em.

The Jalapenos in the store haven't looked good. So I keep passing on buying any. Been that way here since the pandemic hit.
I bought 1.5 lbs of them using curbside pickup at Walmart. Got home and unloaded and these things were huge. There were two or three that were probably 5 inches plus!

We've munched our way through about half. We love 'em.

I bought 1.5 lbs of them using curbside pickup at Walmart. Got home and unloaded and these things were huge. There were two or three that were probably 5 inches plus!
Yeah we’ve been using curbside at Safeway. Maybe next time I’ll order some. Last I was inside though they were all limp and not appealing.
I like those big ones. They are the best for ABTs.

FYI left over ABT’s make a great omelette filling.

Back