Wurst, pork loin, mashed pots and Hunter sauce - Oktoberfest dinner

I drink Jäegermeister for a plate like that! The mini keg is a very powerful driving force for me, that’s a favorite of mine! Let alone every morsel on the plate!
Brett can you elaborate on the Jager sauce?

It’s October so Octoberfest dinner it is.

Assorted wurst from TJ’s. Marinated pork loin. Home made mashed pots and Hunter sauce recipe from Germany.

View attachment 101794

View attachment 101795

View attachment 101796

View attachment 101797

View attachment 101798

View attachment 101799

View attachment 101800

View attachment 101801
Looks great Brett!

I dove into a 2+ year old jar of home fermented sauerkraut to garnish a pulled pork sammich last week. At least something was traditional German :)

I drink Jäegermeister for a plate like that! The mini keg is a very powerful driving force for me, that’s a favorite of mine! Let alone every morsel on the plate!
Brett can you elaborate on the Jager sauce?
Originally shared by @Jan M. in this thread almost two years ago:

Post in thread 'Pork tenderloin schnitzel'
https://tvwbb.com/threads/pork-tenderloin-schnitzel.93710/post-1077094

I did a combo of onion and shallots. And added some ground allspice and nutmeg to round the profile. Mushrooms were the Costco assorted dried that they sell during thanksgiving season. Rehydrated the shrooms and used that liquid along with vegetarian bouillon for the main 400 ml of liquid. I cut the rehydrated shrooms with a scissor so they were bite sized pieces. And did 5 bay leaves for more oomph. Sauce received rave reviews as did the meal.

Last edited:
Looks great Brett!

I dove into a 2+ year old jar of home fermented sauerkraut to garnish a pulled pork sammich last week. At least something was traditional German :)
That musta been some potent kraut! I’ve been known to randomly eat kraut as a snack. I love a good natural ferment side dish. My sour pickles too are a nice snack.

The pork loin was previously frozen which I defrosted overnight. Sliced into 1” chops. Marinated in 5% wet brine with a 1/2 tsp of baking soda. This really tenderized the loin and made the slices incredibly juicy.

Then dried the slices and seasoned with EVOO, spog, paprika, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, thyme. Let sit for 16 minutes and then hard seared around 2 minutes a side and moved to indirect to finish. Pull temps were 125° to 130°, foil tented and rested. Pink on the inside and fully cooked.

Originally shared by @Jan M. in this thread almost two years ago:

Post in thread 'Pork tenderloin schnitzel'
https://tvwbb.com/threads/pork-tenderloin-schnitzel.93710/post-1077094

I did a combo of onion and shallots. And added some ground allspice and nutmeg to round the profile. Mushrooms were the Costco assorted dried that the sell during thanksgiving season. Rehydrated the shrooms and used that liquid along with vegetarian bouillon for the main. 400 ml of liquid. I cut the rehydrated shrooms with a scissor so they were bite sized pieces. And did 5 bay leaves for more oomph. Sauce received rave reviews as did the meal.
Instant bookmark for that sauce!

Awesome looking stuff right there......
There is a special place I travel to and when there I eat at a place that serves food like this all year long...
I usually stay a night or 2 and try to eat there a minimum of two times.....again, looking awesome.....

Rosti potatoes, spätzle, fondue....I am having flashbacks.........
A couple pics of said place......might have to go before Christmas hits now that I am looking....its about 3 hours away.
Thanks Brett............

1728997219898.png

1728997250187.png

1728997271466.png

1728997368062.png

1728998706890.png

This is a hard one to crush but it is soooo tasty....but my MRS eats like a bird most of the time so I have to crush a lot of food in the morning.

1728997779777.png

This is where I learned what Weisswurst was......I always have it on hand these days.....
Sorry......I could go on about this stuff forever.....It really is some good stuff....maybe I should give it a whirl sometime....

1728998449732.png

Last edited:
Wow, that place looks fabulous!! Where is it Darryl? Maybe we need to meet, I can bring your vacuum parts and a “Simpsons Smokey Joe” 🤣🤣🤣
HAHAHAHA sounds like you are on to something there.........
5 hours north of Detroit........or 3.5 hours north of Buffalo.....not including the traffic so more like 6 hours......
Upon further investigation it appears as it has been sold by the original owners to some " coporate " now getting mixed reviews....
Sounds like somewhere around 2 years ago which was about when I was there last.....
I will go back just to make sure of course.

Back