WTB Valves for Genesis Platinum

BrandonHudson

TVWBB Fan
I've got an 05 Genesis Platinum. 2 of my valves are all gunked up and beyond repair.

My rail is fine, so I'm really just need the knob stem part, but might as well replace the entire brass/spring/screws/guts.

Also wouldn't mind buying new NG orifices if anyone has a set laying around.

Located in Charleston SC and the supply of donor grills died off a couple of years ago.

The manifold from any Genesis Silver B or C will work for you and shouldn't be too difficult to find if you can't get what you need here.
Thanks for confirming interchanges.

Unfortunately locally the donor supply is totally gone. I haven't seen anything from that era in almost 2 years. Shame...

I think I have a few valves in my back garage. Though the kind for the older Genesis with longer stems. I think the actual valves are the same though. I think they're still back there. IDK their condition or if I've modded them in any way. If they're still there they've likely been hanging in there for over 20 years of gathering dust. Happy to remove them from the manifold(s), and ship them out in a small box. Should not cost much. Would simply ask you cover postage if you want to take a chance

I think I have a few valves in my back garage. Though the kind for the older Genesis with longer stems. I think the actual valves are the same though. I think they're still back there. IDK their condition or if I've modded them in any way. If they're still there they've likely been hanging in there for over 20 years of gathering dust. Happy to remove them from the manifold(s), and ship them out in a small box. Should not cost much. Would simply ask you cover postage if you want to take a chance
I'm happy to pay for shipping and a 6 pack of your favorite beer too.

The long stems might actually be ideal. I haven't been active in some time, but I'm the one who built the Stainless FrankenGrill Genesis-on-a-Summit cart years ago, so the valves never were quite right anyway.

I gave away my last spare parts when I stopped refurbishing. I never imaged I'd actually need any parts myself.

Last edited:
I'm happy to pay for shipping and a 6 pack of your favorite beer too.

The long stems might actually be ideal. I haven't been active in some time, but I'm the one who built the Stainless FrankenGrill Genesis-on-a-Summit cart years ago, so the valves never were quite right anyway.

I gave away my last spare parts when I stopped refurbishing. I never imaged I'd actually need any parts myself.
OK, I will update you next time I brave the arctic weather :D to go out to my back garage. I'll try and get back there tomorrow.

They are correct. You should be able to swap in a Genesis Silver or Gold B manifold with no problem. They are the same as the Platinum and they are very common and easy to find for sale or free at a decent price. The 05 stainless is the cream of the crop for Genesis grills due to the stainless frame and E/W burner orientation. I am glad to see you keeping it going.

1710902744019.png

So I checked my back garage today. Sorry I either tossed those manifolds, or gave them away. But, I don't have them.

They are correct. You should be able to swap in a Genesis Silver or Gold B manifold with no problem. They are the same as the Platinum and they are very common and easy to find for sale or free at a decent price. The 05 stainless is the cream of the crop for Genesis grills due to the stainless frame and E/W burner orientation. I am glad to see you keeping it going.

View attachment 88062

The Platinum C was my grail grill for sure. I even got Weber to send me a new fix box under warranty due to a defect, so I'm looking forward to handing it down to my daughter one day.

Unfortunately the market around me has dried up. I have a feeler out on a 2 burner Silver across town that would get me what I need, but it's been 3 days with no response, so I may have to break down and buy a whole aftermarket rail.

Thanks

Brandon, if you continue having problems finding a manifold, let me know. Please don't shell out $100 for a new one.

Brandon, if you continue having problems finding a manifold, let me know. Please don't shell out $100 for a new one.
Thanks.

I'm working some local sellers but so far no luck. I'm kicking myself for tossing 3 sets last year.

I was able to cobble together the grill as a single burner for now, so I've bought myself some time.

Are Silver/Gold valves different for NG vs LP I don't think I have any NG valves but I might have an extra set of LP.

Are Silver/Gold valves different for NG vs LP I don't think I have any NG valves but I might have an extra set of LP.
They are the same. Just the orifices are different, but I can drill them or swap them over.

In fact, my current set is a propane that I converted.

They are the same. Just the orifices are different, but I can drill them or swap them over.

I would like to comment that there are some concerns about this assertion that NG and LP valves are in fact the same, and for anyone reading this, assuming that they are the same might be very dangerous not only to your grill but also to your personal safety. You proceed under this assumption at your own risk.

Amen! I know for a fact that in most cases they are not. I've checked them side by side. While they may look alike they in about 90% cases not.

Back