***WSM Spare Ribs w/pics***

Mike Stevenson

TVWBB Super Fan
I Just cooked a couple racks of Spare Ribs last night on my 22.5" WSM. I seasoned one with Plowboys, Yardbird and the other with Dizzy Pig, Dizzy Dust. They were delicious! :-D

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Now, THAT, IMHO, is the best thing about the 22" WSM .. Being able to lay your ribs out flat like that. Absolutely beautiful !!
icon_smile.gif

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
Now, THAT, IMHO, is the best thing about the 22" WSM .. Being able to lay your ribs out flat like that. Absolutely beautiful !!
icon_smile.gif
Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I know! I was thinking the very same thing!! Made a rack last Sunday on the 18"er and the rack was 22"es long, had to cut to STL and roll em... were good but STILL
icon_razz.gif

Outstanding job Mike! I like to smoke spares but never slathered mustard on it. Does the mustard taste come thru at all? Tnx for sharing the pics.

joe

I would enjoy biting into one of those racks right now. My mouth is watering. Those look just perfect.

Thank you for sharing.

Mike just looking at your pictures and they look familar! Where have I seen these recently??? Don't worry I won't tell!

Wow those racks look perfect! Can someone please tell me the difference b/w baby backs and spares? My kids love the babybacks but we have never tried spares. THanks

As a result of that location difference, spare ribs are bigger and have more meat but they're not as tender. Obviously that larger size affects the cooking time.

Your kids might find the babybacks easier to eat just because of the size difference.

Those ribs look awesome, Mike. And I concur that you have done a fine job of showcasing the capacity of the 22" cooker.
Did you prefer one rub over the other?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alexander:
Wow those racks look perfect! Can someone please tell me the difference b/w baby backs and spares? My kids love the babybacks but we have never tried spares. THanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ribselect.html

Those ribs look fantastic and you are officially making me hungry. I might have to run to the store this morning and pick up a rack or two for a Sunday Football Smoke.

I also am jealous of that big WSM. My wife still won't let me own one.

Back