WSM serial number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Barlow

TVWBB Super Fan
I called Weber about buying a part for my wsm and she asked for the serial #. They are stamped out on the lid vent.

Mine is DU. It must be a date code. They lady said, it looked like it was manufactured in 1982.

I bought it last year at Bering's Hardware in Houston. I don't imagine it sat there 20 years.

Anybody know how to read your own date code?

Thanks, Chris. I guess she stopped at the first D. You can't believe the trouble she had trying to figure out what part I was talking about when I asked for a price on the middle section, "Not the top or bottom, the tube in the middle."

She was sweet and trying hard, but things weren't clicking for her today. She finally found it...$61.40.

Chris, quite likely you can date a kettle the same way. Kinda curious when I bought my first one. ANy catalogue you're aware of that indexes the date for kettles?

Chris, she did finally give me the right part number.

Here you have all the right info and I go trying to invent the wheel all over again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
To the best of my knowledge, the code applies to all makes and models of Weber charcoal grills. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Must be correct. "J" stamped on my damper. Still going strong and has stood in the weather for 16 years. Gray now instead of black, a bit of rust showing through some spot welds, and the wooden handles look like they've been sandblasted. Bears more than a superficial resemblance to its owner, even to the bulge around the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back