wsm prices

got it! 220 out the door, the guy told me since I saved him from having to take it off the shelf to make room for christmas trees he knocked the total down to 220 even...by the way already got it fired up...thanks for the watchful eyes. david

Alot of folks who don't work in the metal fabrication business wouldn't know this but the price of steel has at least tripled and stainless has quadrupled in the last year or two.

Given what I know about how much the raw materials cost them, I think the cost is actually not too bad and I am really suprised that it has taken them this long to raise the price.

Good find David. Good to see you wasted no time in getting it fired up. Season change over is a good time to get some things. Look for charcoal that way too. It's that time of year.

I got mine for my birthday back in June. My kids bought it for me at Weavers Hardware, an Amish hardware store south of Kutztown, PA. They paid $149 in the box. It was on sale there until on hand units were all sold. I think they now carry a smoker for about $70. That tells me the WSM was selling too slow at it's regular price to continue to carry it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill_W:
I got mine for my birthday back in June. My kids bought it for me at Weavers Hardware, an Amish hardware store south of Kutztown, PA. They paid $149 in the box. It was on sale there until on hand units were all sold. I think they now carry a smoker for about $70. That tells me the WSM was selling too slow at it's regular price to continue to carry it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah, I think that is why you just cant walk into any store and pick one up, some people I believe just wont buy one at the prices they are going for and that is why alot of places wont carry the wsm. It's a shame though, I consider ALL my weber products to be well built and long lasting. Kinda makes you wonder how weber stays in business when I know people who have used the same weber grill for 20+ YEARS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DAVIDMICHAEL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill_W:
I got mine for my birthday back in June. My kids bought it for me at Weavers Hardware, an Amish hardware store south of Kutztown, PA. They paid $149 in the box. It was on sale there until on hand units were all sold. I think they now carry a smoker for about $70. That tells me the WSM was selling too slow at it's regular price to continue to carry it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah, I think that is why you just cant walk into any store and pick one up, some people I believe just wont buy one at the prices they are going for and that is why alot of places wont carry the wsm. It's a shame though, I consider ALL my weber products to be well built and long lasting. Kinda makes you wonder how weber stays in business when I know people who have used the same weber grill for 20+ YEARS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's because we will eventually get our kid's and all our friend's to buy into it that Weber is great. They are great! I have convinced a few good friend's of mine to go with the Weber route. I actually just talked to a friend of mine who's wife work's at an Ace Hardware store and supposedly get's 40% off all their stuff. I sent her a list of stuff I want. If this girl is for reals, I want a Performer and a Genesis Silver B/C. Too bad they don't carry the WSM there.

I decided to buy a smoker last winter. Then I started looking at available units and decided the WSM was right for me. Then it was on to find the best price available. Needless to say my eyes just kinda popped out of my head when I found them at Weavers for $149. When I asked how long they would be on sale, they told me they would be on sale all summer. Of course, they ran out of WSM's long before summer was over. Then, they quietly replaced the WSM with a much less expensive unit. I owned a retail business for many years and their actions simply tell me that they thought they could sell smokers but the WSM price point was too much. They could get a better turn on the money with a less expensive smoker.

Back