wsm prices

David-B

TVWBB Super Fan
First time poster Loooong time reader, I noticed that the price at most places now is 250.00
icon_frown.gif
Does anyone care to speculate if the price may dip back down considering the time of year? I want to bite the bullet and get one but momma may not like the view of a 5th weber product around the house. I do most of my smoking on a modded brinkmann gourmet and the 22" gold, but we are already planing a thanksgiving feast which will include brisket and turkey. I plan on putting the turkey on the gold and need to replace the brinkmann just because it is worn out. I need to probably get it pretty soon and get a couple of practice runs in to get used to it. Thanks....

yeah, but he doesnt want to ship it and I live in the midwest. I know where I can get one off the shelf about 25 miles away but it 250 also.

Home Depot sells them for $199. It's special order and Weber delivers it straight to your house. You can theoretically save some add'l dough if you apply for the HD credit card.

I've emailed him a few time's and cool thing is he is in San Diego. I'm just trying to justify a second WSM still.

Hi,

Besides the occasional promotional price, I think $249 is the new everyday price going forward at most retailers. The WSM cost $189 when I bought my first one in 1997 and it stayed at $179-$189 until this year. During that time the cost of steel, energy, transportation, etc. all went up.

I don't know why they waited so long to adjust the price. Maybe they finally realized they were losing money on each unit, especially when they have to replace the occasional porcelain-cracked lid or bowl due to inadequate packaging?
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kent Perry:
Home Depot sells them for $199. It's special order and Weber delivers it straight to your house. You can theoretically save some add'l dough if you apply for the HD credit card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I will look into this first thing tomorrow, I bought my silver b and 22" there but I dont remember seeing the wsm there but will ask anyway...Thanks for the info.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DAVIDMICHAEL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kent Perry:
Home Depot sells them for $199. It's special order and Weber delivers it straight to your house. You can theoretically save some add'l dough if you apply for the HD credit card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I will look into this first thing tomorrow, I bought my silver b and 22" there but I dont remember seeing the wsm there but will ask anyway...Thanks for the info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never seen it in-store. You might have to order this online but they charge a hefty price on shipping.

I hope I don't offend; However I think that WSM’s are over priced. under sized and missing a Thermostat. Can it really cost so much to stamp out the WSMs? Is there some type of special math coefficient which increases the heat to fuel ratio? I don’t know
Having said that let me be clear I Really Love my WSM, make good Q and it a lot of fun to show off to friend since most people don’t know what it is.

Leo, I am not one to contradict and I am too cheap for my own good at times but you are dead wrong.

For years I have read and studied all the mods on this site wanting to improve my wsm. With all the talk and discusion of mods, I have made ONE ! Oops, make that two.

The wsm, kettle and gassers are the best buys I have seen and generally the best period. For 95% of us Weber makes the product that meets our need. Thank you Weber.

It would be hard for me to agree that its over-priced if there is nothing else in the market that equals or exceeds its function at a comparable price.

As to size, if its too small, for a person's intended use, then I guess its too small. However, a larger size in the same price range, maybe even twice as much, just won't compare, imo. For me the size is perfect and I'm glad its not larger - but, that's because I seldom cook for really large groups (and if I do I've got a second WSM
icon_smile.gif
)

To each his own.

Paul

Re: Home Depot special ordering - they didn't charge me anything for a WSM special order. It's shipped directly from Weber and takes about a week.

just found out home depot=250+65 shipping guess I'll drive down to the place that has 1 left and shovel the 250 out plus tax...ouch!

Hey, Amazon.com has it on sale for $206.18 with free shipping. I hope you haven't driven to Home Depot yet.

The $206.18 price is from a third party vendor whose price is featured right now. Free shipping is not available on third party purchases.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul G.:
It would be hard for me to agree that its over-priced if there is nothing else in the market that equals or exceeds its function at a comparable price.

As to size, if its too small, for a person's intended use, then I guess its too small. However, a larger size in the same price range, maybe even twice as much, just won't compare, imo. For me the size is perfect and I'm glad its not larger - but, that's because I seldom cook for really large groups (and if I do I've got a second WSM
icon_smile.gif
)

To each his own.

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you right as compared to the "Market Equals" no argument about that with me. I guess my point is that I can't cost that much to manufacture a WSM, can it?

Back