WSM is the best smoker ever!

M Strickland

TVWBB Member
I am always amazed every time I use my WSM at how good it is!

I smoked 4 7 pound butts today. Took about 11 hours and my WSM held the temperature at 250 the entire smoke with no adjustments.

I opened the vents up all the way for the first 30 minutes and than closed off the bottom vents by 1/3. Didn't touch it after that.

Fantastic unit!
Mike

Yes, my Weber equipment works as intended and I'm quite happy with my new WSM. Now I'm looking to invest in a 18.5 kettle for the arsenal.

Yep, I was just at a ribfest and a pellet popper was telling me how all the top teams are switching over to pellets and wsm's are just too much work. FYI I touched the vents 1x and took first. He didnt do so well.

I agree. I have smoked something at least once a month for the last 27 months on my WSM 18. Cold weather, snow, rain, heat, wind, or any combination of those, my WSM just sits there and smokes away. Such a great simple design. Enjoy your WSM and the product you produce.

MIKE

It takes a bunch of skill to flip a switch or set a temperature...oh wait...it must take a bunch of skill to add pellets to a hopper....nothing beats charcoal and the WSM is pretty much at the top of the heap when it comes to smokers!! I use a couple different brands of smokers at my place but they are no WSM!!

Well, I think there's got to be at least a little pain and suffering in order to make good barbecue. The WSM makes it pretty easy, but not too easy.

Regards,
Chris

My gal thinks my WSM is a big pc of junk. Because when I hear her come out the side door, I immediately set down my brewskie and stogie and run over to the pit and start cussing and adjusting the air vents.." Sorry honey, gotta keep an eye on this pit, can't get to the chores today...sorry.....maybe tomorrow......" Works like a charm!!! :D

My gal thinks my WSM is a big pc of junk. Because when I hear her come out the side door, I immediately set down my brewskie and stogie and run over to the pit and start cussing and adjusting the air vents.." Sorry honey, gotta keep an eye on this pit, can't get to the chores today...sorry.....maybe tomorrow......" Works like a charm!!! :D

That is genius. You are playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers.

Well, I think there's got to be at least a little pain and suffering in order to make good barbecue. The WSM makes it pretty easy, but not too easy.

Regards,
Chris

Sort of like being a blues musician?

You better delete your browser history!

I can imagine people talk about that green ceramic thing, but the WSM truely is a marvel, keeps heat, cooks food, smells good!
It's a Weber, lasts forever! Oh and it is a s&/$ load cheaper!

Thats funny, right there!

Back