WSM Cart Enclosure Project

Jamie,

Great project! As I get ready to start my own, are there any 'lessons learned' or adjustments you've made a couple of years later that make it even greater?

Very inspiring work my friend!

Mike

Not sure your gonna hear from Jamie. His last post was Nov 2012.

Not sure your gonna hear from Jamie. His last post was Nov 2012.

Dwain,

Yeah, I noticed that but thought I'd roll the dice and hope like crazy :)

This forum is a blast. Great ideas and I feel like I'm attending Smokey State University (Weber State was already taken!) getting my undergraduate degree! It would be great to hear about the ideas that stand the test of time. Folks innovate and we all like to see more to build in our own quirks, er, I mean innovations :D. Finding out what doesn't work - some little trap can be worth so much.

Like in real life, the ol'Professor's move on and so it goes. So many things are documented so well here and the TVWBB site guys have invested heavily in establishing foundational info in pages & vid's, that I've spent many hours looking, trying, learning, and then starting the cycle again. Not unappreciative, quite the opposite!

Maybe I could be more specific. The design has the radiant panels very close to the body. During a cook, more and more heat will be funneled up to the hole in the top - a top made of wood. Has this held up over time?

Also, the last pix seem to make it almost air tight on the lower end. I would believe that lower level air access shouldn't need to be so restrained. Wonder how that worked out?

Would you increase the size of the top hole to allow for easy placement and removal of the body? I have a hinge on my lid and believe I want to keep it. Trying to anticipate what I need to plan...

None of these are really new questions - very much plagiarized.

Even though I joined this month, I've been trolling here for a year. Not a forum person at all so I'm kind of a double newbie...Should I start (attempt..) a new thread or?? And, grateful for the strong community of folks like you that keep this forum running and helping us out.

Thanks,
Mike

Would some sort of louvered vent at the top of the back panel in the smoker side of the enclosure allow the heat to dissipate on its own? A mesh window would do the same thing, but the louvers could be set up to keep out the elements a little better.

He probably burned his house down by this project. Screams not a good idea....especially to then keep it next to your house

My name is Mike and I'm sick...I laughed at this (but hope it didn't burn down his house!).

There is some wisdom to what ChuckO said that strikes me like a 2x4 on the back of the head. These things are like building a house around a smoker...out of wood...even though we wouldn't fire up right next to the hacienda...

I'm gonna start a new thread - if I can figure out how to do it exactly. This screams - if you can't post a thread, how can you build this project...I'm ignoring the answer to that scream...

I don't suppose you have the pictures of this cart, they've been removed from the thread. I'd love to see them, I'm considering a winter project for my WSM 18.5"

Back