WSM At Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a good price, I just ordered mine from Amazon $174.99 if you use the $5.00 off promo code and free shipping. The thing is I know I could have saved a few bucks elsewhere but by buying from Amazon I helped fund this great site and thats a good thing for all of us!
Bob

I am planning on ordering from amazon.com. Could you tell me what the $5 off promo code is?
Thanks!

Don't know if this code is still any good. It's supposed to be $5 off a purchase of $35 or more:

CHNKBKAMZNLT

Regards,
Chris

There are so many reasons to avoid WalMart not the least of which is that they treat their workers like dirt. Currently being sued for forcing them to work overtime for nothing among the many other documented abusive and degrading practices. The WalMartization of America is not something any of us should support.

I purchased my WSM from Wal-Mart and wished I hadn't. Even though the item price is lower, after you add the shipping and sales tax. Yes, they charged me sales tax!. The actual cost ends up being higher. In my defense I did not know about this site when I ordered. Wal-Mart did process the order quickly and it shipped the same day, but from Spokane, WA. I live in central Ohio. Imagine how I felt when I then read Chris's commentary on the inadequate WSM packaging. I tracked the WSM across the entire country. Delivery took over a full week. The poor WSM was loaded and unloaded at least siz times and it then fell off the UPS guy's dolly as he brought it up my driveway. The box was pretty battered, scuffed up and punctured in a couple of places, but luckily there was no damage.

I would recommend Amazon. That's where I got all my accessories (Polder, rib racks, cookbooks, etc) They shipped and delivered everything in 3 days. Free shipping and didn't charge me sales tax. Support this site.

If there is damage to your Weber from Amazon call Weber they will ship you the replacement parts for free and in better packaging /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just a little minor gloat here...

Bought my WSM at Ace Hardware the other day. They had only 1 floor model left.. fully assembled. When asked, the sales clerk said he could approve a 10% discount ($199 list price) but the manager could possibly do better. I left, pondered the decision.... ECB or WSM?? Called the store manager and he said he'd offer a 20% discount. I told him to hold it and I'd be right down.

Got to the store, picked up some charcoal and hickory & mesquite chips and went to the check-out counter. The manager told the woman at check-out to give me 20% off the WSM and he went outside to do something. She sarted ringing everything up... I'm pleased with the great savings... when she looks at me and asks, "Senior?"

I'm only 55 but perhaps my silver hair and gray beard makes me look older. I obviously had a look of surprise on my face. I smiled and was about to say something when she simply said..."Never mind, you're getting the discount."

So... I got another 15% off my total purchase. The final price of my WSM was $136! Thanks, sweetie! I'll be back. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Happy smokin'!

Joe T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back