WSM 18.5 question

Boston Jeff

TVWBB Fan
I just got my 18.5 wsm yesterday , and put it together early this morning . All parts were packaged except one of the small washers ( non meteal one ) the one that goes against the cooking chamber . Does anyone know what it is made of , I need to see if I can get one at local hardware store , or something similar .

Boston Jeff

You could call Weber customer service 800-446-1071 and find out. You could also ask them to send you some. Just use it without the washers until they send them.

If its a non metal then it will be one of the fiber washers they use. I tried to fine those locally but couldn't. Like Earl says call Weber, they will send you some. Maybe just do not tighten that part as much as the others until you can put the washer place.

Thanks guys , went to local hardware store , that sells wsm`s . The guy there took one off the display model for me . :) . Well anyways I`m off to fire this bad boy up :wsm:

Thanks guys , went to local hardware store , that sells wsm`s . The guy there took one off the display model for me . :) . Well anyways I`m off to fire this bad boy up :wsm:

Don't forget to post pics of your cook.
Have a great weekend.

That's why I like going to my local hardware store instead of the big box stores. Glad it worked out for you. Now get that bad boy smokin'!!!

Just and FYI in case you need one down the rd..Lowes sells them in the screw section and they are usually in the pull out drawers for specialty items. I bought a few for my handle mods in case I needed them..

Just and FYI in case you need one down the rd..Lowes sells them in the screw section and they are usually in the pull out drawers for specialty items. I bought a few for my handle mods in case I needed them..

Here is another weber part FYI.
The exact bolt that weber uses for the WSM & WSJ can be found at Sears Hardware stores.

Back