WSK comparo update video

$900 Difference between the E6 & S6, for a cart & ignition system seems a bit exorbitant.
cart, shelf, ignition, ss table top, and larger shipping carton. So maybe they’re commanding a $600 internal premium? Or $450 split between dealer and Weber?

IMG_7095.jpeg
Like Brett says it just makes you smile when using it.
If I want to rotisserie it can be done on the performer. The lid and hinge are what separates it for me and if for that reason accessories are tougher to develop, so be it.

Last edited:
cart, shelf, ignition, ss table top, and larger shipping carton. So maybe they’re commanding a $600 internal premium? Or $450 split between dealer and

cart, shelf, ignition, ss table top, and larger shipping carton. So maybe they’re commanding a $600 internal premium? Or $450 split between dealer and Weber?
From a marketing standpoint, I think it should be priced below $2K. However, since it is more of a niche product which will pertain to only certain groups of people, there is no need to discount it. We could speculate forever on what kind of margins the retailer has on this unit.

Price and exclusivity go hand in hand. The very name Summit says it all. If you want the best of something, well, the saying goes "If you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it." No doubt it is a good cooker, but I believe it's not the hardware that makes the meal, it's the chef. The hardware is simply a tool that the chef knows how to use.

You really don't have to justify the expense. The whole key to marketing is to create buzz, and buzz is what makes people buy things. Make it expensive, make it exclusive, and they will come. You won't sell a lot of them, but that's not the goal. You will make a tidy profit on what you do sell, but your bread-and-butter are the mass marketed things like kettles and kettle accessories.

I have my E6 and love it. I never considered the S6 as $900 for that cart is ridiculous.

I am generally a fan of this guys videos, but his pricing comparisons to comparable products like the KJ is so blatantly incompetent
I that I questions his neutrality.

I had a 22" kettle and was looking at getting a smoker and after researching a little I decided I wanted a kamado.

It was a no brainer to pay $1,249 delivered for the Weber, as BGE or KJ 24" kamados are so high priced. No regrets. I use the S6 for everything and only use the old 22" when I'm having a big big party.

But as the video points out, you can get several other weber grills for less the price of one WSK

Then we got a vacation/retirement home. Now I had to start over.
Should I drop another $1,250?
I decided to get the basic 22" kettle ($139)and the weber smokey mountain 22" ($549) for a total of $688 .

So my advice to somebody shopping is you can't go wrong with the S6 kamado, but you can save some serious cash by getting both a kettle and a WSM.

:rolleyes:I had a 22" kettle and was looking at getting a smoker and after researching a little I decided I wanted a kamado.

It was a no brainer to pay $1,249 delivered for the Weber, as BGE or KJ 24" kamados are so high priced. No regrets. I use the S6 for everything and only use the old 22" when I'm having a big big party.

So my advice to somebody shopping is you can't go wrong with the S6 kamado, but you can save some serious cash by getting both a kettle and a WSM.
Yeh; the S6 appears to be one great cooker but can’t convince the “Better-Half” since I have these Three(3) great cookers pictured below in my BBQ Arsenal

Attachments

• F9BED7FF-FC4F-48F8-BDB8-BFDDE2306C0B.jpeg
    F9BED7FF-FC4F-48F8-BDB8-BFDDE2306C0B.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 12
  • 69C235E7-CE19-4894-A38E-711C9F9BE573.jpeg
    69C235E7-CE19-4894-A38E-711C9F9BE573.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 11
I have a prep table on the other side of the hole of death, and my napoleon prestige grill up on the deck with my patio furniture. I am so excited to use it tomorrow!
Well you best make something really good.........and then of course take lots of photos and let us evaluate how good it looks..........:cool:

lol, I'm not sure. I just rolled with it! By the way Brett, you were a big influence on me buying the E6!
hopefully your significant other is on board with the plan.

the E/S6 is still by best cooker ever.

get the CI center grate too. i forgot how much more i like using it since i reinstalled it this weekend.

the CI holds heat so much better than the standard SS grate and lays down a nice sear on each side without having to rotate your protein to mark your cook. it also really helps with getting chicken skin to render which is needed for crispy skin.

i hope you enjoy your WSK as i enjoy mine. truly, it's a pleasure to cook on. great results every time.

Last edited:
hopefully your significant other is on board with the plan.

the E/S6 is still by best cooker ever.

get the CI center grate too. i forgot how much more i like using it since i reinstalled it this weekend.

the CI hold heat so much better than the standard SS grate and lays down a nice sear on each side without having to rotate your protein to mark your cook. it also really helps with getting chicken skin to render which is needed for crispy skin.

i hope you enjoy your WSK as i enjoy mine. truly, it's a pleasure to cook on. great results every time.
Is the cast iron centre grate a Weber product? I don't see it on the website? She's good with it as long as I sell my 70th anniversary Hollywood grey kettle! Which is currently for sale for what I paid for it lol

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm.
I decided to keep my performer ( 22" ) when I picked up the E6.....and I am happy that I did....
I'm sure you will be fine but I adore my 22"....it does all the little jobs. The E6 gets the more serious work.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm.
I decided to keep my performer ( 22" ) when I picked up the E6.....and I am happy that I did....
I'm sure you will be fine but I adore my 22"....it does all the little jobs. The E6 gets the more serious work.
I too kept my Kettle; it's pretty much dedicated to rotisserie, and so it still sees a lot of use. (I'm a big fan of the rotisserie!)

Is the cast iron centre grate a Weber product? I don't see it on the website? She's good with it as long as I sell my 70th anniversary Hollywood grey kettle! Which is currently for sale for what I paid for it lol

i didn't buy the Weber one. this one is great (grate, hahahha). just keep it oiled to avoid rust as it IS CI. it gets nice and hot and holds heat too, really well.

Here’s some steaks from this weekend:

1718060022637.jpeg

1718060043241.jpeg

1718060060775.jpeg

Back