WSK comparo update video

I too kept my Kettle; it's pretty much dedicated to rotisserie, and so it still sees a lot of use. (I'm a big fan of the rotisserie!)
What rotisserie do you do? I like my rotissorie a lot but haven’t gotten past chicken and turkey… always a hit with the fam. Been thinking about doing a prime rib roast.

Looking for ideas, do you have other things you like to rotisserie?

What rotisserie do you do? I like my rotissorie a lot but haven’t gotten past chicken and turkey… always a hit with the fam. Been thinking about doing a prime rib roast.

Looking for ideas, do you have other things you like to rotisserie?
I have a lot of chicken recipes, of course; a whole chicken is just made for the rotisserie. On of our favorite recipes is "Rotisserie Chicken with Herbs and Buttermilk", from the Weber "New American Barbecue" book. If you search this site you'll probably find a recipe for Roadside Chicken, which I do with a whole chicken on the spit. Weber's "Big Book of Grilling" has a recipe for "Oktoberfest Chicken", which adapts easily to the rotisserie.

For me, the ONLY way to do Prime Rib is on the rotisserie. It's incredibly easy, too — just a little spice rub and let it spin until the desired doneness.

A pork loin or shoulder roast is another rotisserie staple. The New American Barbecue cookbook, again, has a great recipe: Lechon Asado pork roast.

I've also used the basket attachment for chicken pieces, with any basic BBQ rub. I even did a flank steak in it, and I'm sure you could do ribs that way.

One of the great ideas I got from several of the regulars here was to cook potatoes in the drip pan under the spinning meat. I always do that now! I've also cooked Brussels Sprouts and carrots that way.

I have a lot of chicken recipes, of course; a whole chicken is just made for the rotisserie. On of our favorite recipes is "Rotisserie Chicken with Herbs and Buttermilk", from the Weber "New American Barbecue" book. If you search this site you'll probably find a recipe for Roadside Chicken, which I do with a whole chicken on the spit. Weber's "Big Book of Grilling" has a recipe for "Oktoberfest Chicken", which adapts easily to the rotisserie.

For me, the ONLY way to do Prime Rib is on the rotisserie. It's incredibly easy, too — just a little spice rub and let it spin until the desired doneness.

A pork loin or shoulder roast is another rotisserie staple. The New American Barbecue cookbook, again, has a great recipe: Lechon Asado pork roast.

I've also used the basket attachment for chicken pieces, with any basic BBQ rub. I even did a flank steak in it, and I'm sure you could do ribs that way.

One of the great ideas I got from several of the regulars here was to cook potatoes in the drip pan under the spinning meat. I always do that now! I've also cooked Brussels Sprouts and carrots that way.
Your Ideas sounds so good, thanks. Just ordered the Weber New American BBQ book you suggested. In meantime, I’ve found and printed recipe for the Roadside Chicken by forum member Bryan S. I hadn’t thought about pork loin/shoulder but will definelty try that too.

For your Prime Rib, what Spice Rub do you use? For beef, my go to is McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning (hard to get beyond that because it is so good and easy) or just Salt/Pepper. I’d like to expand beyond that with some other simple dry rub for rotisserie.

He makes good videos but he's incredibly arrogant and100% biased to Kamado Joe and wants everything to taste like it comes off an offset.
This. I watched several of his videos and the constant hawking of KJ and those dumb KJ, overpriced accessories...I hit the "Don't Recommend Channel" .

Your Ideas sounds so good, thanks. Just ordered the Weber New American BBQ book you suggested. In meantime, I’ve found and printed recipe for the Roadside Chicken by forum member Bryan S. I hadn’t thought about pork loin/shoulder but will definelty try that too.

For your Prime Rib, what Spice Rub do you use? For beef, my go to is McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning (hard to get beyond that because it is so good and easy) or just Salt/Pepper. I’d like to expand beyond that with some other simple dry rub for rotisserie.
Add picanha to Grant’s list. Adding a rotisserie basket does indeed add to the possibilities

I use a recipe from Steven Raichlen:

¼ cup (4 tbsp) coarse sea salt
¼ cup (4 tbsp) coarse black pepper
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano

No drinking while bbq'ing is my recommendation......
Don't forget about your hole of death while cooking amazing food this weekend......and taking all those good pictures for us.

1718121431357.png

Back