Wrong Time To Buy

LukeB

I have been a long time reader but this is my first post. I own a 22" Weber One Touch Gold and love it but am looking for more space to smoke and know that the best smoker for my money is a WSM.

I think my size will most likely be a 18.5 because most of my cooks will never be for more than 6 - 8 people and if they do get bigger then I can use my Kettle to help.

My question though is am I crazy to buy a WSM this time of year. I would assume the prices are their highest this time of year and I would be better served to wait until the winter time. Just looking for some feedback.

Thanks,

LukeB

Luke,unless you can find a used one(good luck with that!),the prices are consistent year round. You might find a small sale on Amazon,but don't count on it. The longer wait,the more you will miss out on all that smoky goodness!

It's $288 today. What are you going to do -- wait a few months until you can save $15?
Act now man, now! Join the fun and get your smoke on. And welcome to the forum -- plenty of happy folks to help with questions and great recipes and directions on the Cooking Page.
Cheers!

I bought mine at Amazon warehouse and saved about 40 bucks. It will describe why you are getting a discount, and it is usually something harmless like "box damage." Mine arrived in fine shape. Just keep checking the site and you should find one with some bucks knocked off.

Sometimes you can get good deals but there doesn't seem to be any seasonality and it can drop for a couple of days and then go right on back. It's basically just a luck thing.

Back