Would you buy another Kettle just because?

LeoP.

TVWBB Member
I have the chance to get another One Touch Kettle I am just having a hard time justifying why I should take it. Give me a good reason to take it? :eek:

I was thinking to set it up with a smokenator as a permanent smoker.

Last edited:
I would consider another kettle if it was one of the colored ones I didn't have already, or a size I didn't have. You could get one and dedicate it to a specific food (pizza, hot dogs, etc) You could get it and if you're not using it, pass it onto a family member. Just some thoughts

I bought a second 18" off Craigslist specifically for steaks. I use the reverse sear method and set up the second kettle with the grates raised up on bricks to sear steaks. You will find a reason to use it. Go for it buddy, you know you wanna.

You might have a party or something and need the extra real estate. But the truth is you don't need any justification, its a Weber kettle at and outstanding deal and you will spend the money of something stupid instead anyways like lattes at Starbucks or Lotto tickets, so get it. :D

I have the chance to buy another One Touch Kettle for dirt cheap I am just having a hard time justifying why o should buy it. Why should I buy it? Give me a good reason! :eek:

I was thinking to set up up with a smokenator as a permanent smoker.
Who would buy another kettle? That would be nuts. I mean, what would you do with it? Just plain crazy...

B3BC2E2D-5EA5-4786-9B04-85A9E96CEC77_zps4uyhgp8x.jpg

Yes buy it, if anything if it can't be used for food turn it into a chandelier or a fire pit.

Last edited:
Dirt Cheap, Yes....Decent Price, No.

Just my personal opinion. If not dirt cheap, it would have to be a colored older model in nice shape.

But I also have a couple kettles laying around.... A couple dozen!

"Because it's there" - George Mallory when asked the question "Why do you want to climb Mount Everest?"

Does this not also apply to Webers?

Last edited:
Definitely, with out ever looking back! I recently scored on a blue performer on CL for $45! But when I used my griddle on it, I realized that bacon grease and the performer table top are not a good combination! Now the hunt for a good deal on a 22" kettle has begun! If/when I find the right deal, it will be used solely for the griddle and pizza.
Tim

you can never have too many :)
note - the 22 on the far right cost me £1.20 on eBay - yes that's under a dollar!

Of course! I would I need a warming BBQ to match my grilling one. My ocd thinks it all has to match. My husband really thinks I'm nuts. Lol

Back