Would you buy a 14-year old Weber Performer?

Heck yes. I'd buy it. Look for rust through in the frame and/or the kettle. If it's solid, it's a good deal. Gas system doesn't work, but you should be able to fix it or just not use it.

Buy it! Buy it NOW! Unless it's rusted to flakes, it's got twenty five plus years in it!
Replacing the igniter might not be that big a project, there are guys he who have done no more than clean them and not had trouble for years. Do it, the good guys here will walk you through any project tasks!

I will add to the chorus, if there is no major rust, BUY IT!!!! Great price for a great grill.
And also, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the input! Yes, I picked it up today.

There is rust in one part of the frame, but it still stands. :)

There is also a lot of build-up in the kettle itself. I'll need to figure out how to clean it up.

Nice find! Now get yourself a flexible putty knife, dawn dish soap, and some 0000 steel wool. I usually use a "window scraper" with a razor blade to scrape lids on gassers, but that won't fit the curve of the bowl. If you decide to scrape before you scrub, just take your time so you don't damage the porcelain.

What KevinG said, plus Easy-Off oven cleaner also works very well for the bowl and lid.
If you didn't buy it, I was going to call this morning and grab it. i'm glad it went to someone on this site. Happy grilling!

What KevinG said, plus Easy-Off oven cleaner also works very well for the bowl and lid.
If you didn't buy it, I was going to call this morning and grab it. i'm glad it went to someone on this site. Happy grilling!

Glad to see another Hoosier here! :)

Thanks for the input! Yes, I picked it up today.

There is rust in one part of the frame, but it still stands. :)

There is also a lot of build-up in the kettle itself. I'll need to figure out how to clean it up.

Here is some of the rust on one of the bars at the bottom of the cart:
2z66v4h.jpg

i4jzp1.jpg

Back