Would a Weber 7519 Rotisserie fit on a 1997 Genesis 1000?

MatthewS

TVWBB Member
My wife and I are excited to host our first Thanksgiving at our first home. I locally found a Weber 7519 Rotisserie which is for a newer Genesis "300 Series". I'm curious what's to stop this from fitting on a 1997 Genesis 1000? At $50 I'm willing to be a little creative for the fit. So many other Weber parts are interchangeable. Thanks.

My guess is that the biggest issue would be a notch on the right end of the skewer that matches the lid. You could have the rod machined if you can find a machine shop with a metal lathe that would do it. I saw one guy took a grinder to his and made the notch and it seemed to work just fine.

Wondering what you did for your rotisserie? I have been flipping grills and don't know which one I will "keep" if any long term but I want a rotisserie. I wish there was a universal that would fit them all. I am willing to make some mods if necessary with a bench grinder or something.

Wondering what you did for your rotisserie? I have been flipping grills and don't know which one I will "keep" if any long term but I want a rotisserie. I wish there was a universal that would fit them all. I am willing to make some mods if necessary with a bench grinder or something.
I gave up on my search and decided to smoke turkey in my WSM instead of a rotisserie. Wish I could up more - good luck!

Just find a #9890 that was made for the Genesis 1000 and Silver B cook boxes. I have three of them actually. They pop up on CL and FB MP from time to time and even Ebay.

Just find a #9890 that was made for the Genesis 1000 and Silver B cook boxes. I have three of them actually. They pop up on CL and FB MP from time to time and even Ebay.
i need a rotisserie for my weber genesis 1000 , i searched and it looks likes part # is a weber 7659
does anyone know if ANY other model # will work on my grill
i have attached my Grill model # and s/n
thank you everyone
Jeff

Attachments

• Weber Genesis.JPG
    Weber Genesis.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 98613.pdf
    758.1 KB · Views: 2

Back