wood handles

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
just talked to weber. seems they do have wood handles but will not sell them. they are for folks who have the fireplace and have issues with them. so ya gotta lie to get them and then are probably gonna get limited to one or two pairs. i'm sooooo bummed out.

Just went through something simular to that, I called weber to order a WSM thermo so I could install on my 22.5 OTS and they wouldn't sell to me, said I could by the whole lid assembly.

So I waited 2 days and called back and said I dropped my dome and broke the thermo. They shipped one to me promptly, on my dime.

george, i DO own a Weber fireplace with wood handles that DO need replacing....
guess what....?
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
george, i DO own a Weber fireplace with wood handles that DO need replacing....
guess what....?
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't you mean 6 fireplaces, all with bad handles?
icon_smile.gif

Wow I need to dig my old ones out of where ever I hid them to use for a pattern. Fire up the table saw and router and grab some wood to start making these.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timothy Hoffman:
Wow I need to dig my old ones out of where ever I hid them to use for a pattern. Fire up the table saw and router and grab some wood to start making these. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tim, if you make'em, I'll buy'em!
Seriously! Lemme know
icon_smile.gif

Bob, the guy I talked with at Weber seemed like he did not want to believe my "story"... butt is sending me a pair despite...

jim, yer startin to get on my nerves !
icon_razz.gif
you need to send me a couple of pairs to get me down from my nerve high. yea, that should do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
jim, yer startin to get on my nerves !
icon_razz.gif
you need to send me a couple of pairs to get me down from my nerve high. yea, that should do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>c'mon george... lemme get you a brat
icon_biggrin.gif

I was in a spa dealer checking out their BBQ section and noticed the Weber fireplace and the shiny wood handles,they do look nice!

Well I have not found my handles, but I did find something better behind my garage. My neighbor has a Weber One Touch H:1986 sitting there. 3 handles that are complete, just very weathered. I will confront him tonight and see if he is interesting in parting with the grill.

hey george, Weber sent me two plastic handles for my fireplace...
Called back to see if using the plastic on the fireplace was safe... She said those plastic handles were sent in error, she'll send out wood handles today.
icon_biggrin.gif

george, do you need plastic handles?

jim, you really know how to rub it in.
icon_mad.gif
course you could fix things by accidently sending the wood ones to me ! so send a pic of yer fireplace with the new handles on it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
jim,... send a pic of yer fireplace with the new handles on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>HAH!
icon_razz.gif

You know if I put um on the dang thing, I'll never light it up again! AND! I'd hafta put plastic bags over the handles to protect em
icon_razz.gif

I'm waitin' for Tim in Montello to submit his price list for "his homemade" handles... Tim??

George I don't go to work tomorrow till 1 so think I'll go to HD and LOWES and look for a Teak. Oard to try and make myself some wood handles for my performer and WSM (already have a wood handle for the SJS)

Let you know how it goes
Gary

Learning to type with thumbs on new blackberry

gary, yes, let us know. i'm about ready to go out and get small wood lathe. remember when thay had those things that you could trace one thing and it would copy it on the other end ? maybe a grinder(dremel) set up in something like that would work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
jim,... send a pic of yer fireplace with the new handles on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>HAH!
icon_razz.gif

You know if I put um on the dang thing, I'll never light it up again! AND! I'd hafta put plastic bags over the handles to protect em
icon_razz.gif

I'm waitin' for Tim in Montello to submit his price list for "his homemade" handles... Tim?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I havent even gotten started yet. I just spent the last 3 days re-roofing part of my mothers house. But, dont worry it will happen.

I've got a 22.5 kettle (actually, Dad's) with wood handles. Very weathered and neglected. Mold in the grain. Any advise on bringing them back up to speed without over-drying the wood and splitting it?

I am thinking bleach, with scub, then lemon oil?

JKC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back