Withdrawl has set in

I think Bruce is right on about when folks pack it up for the grilling season. Here it's a different situation where Barb and I live in the mountains it's winter and it's cold and we get snow. So grilling out side isn't on most peoples minds.
Now 100 miles away in Phoenix it's prime grilling season there. But in the summer it's so horribly hot it's not a lot of fun cooking outside in 110 degree heat. Now their temps are in the mid 80s and 70s in the evenings perfect grilling weather. So up here on CL there is nothing going on but the Phoenix CL is getting a little more active.

If I didn't have a Performer, I may have kept that grill. Some folks hate the
look, but I think they are distinctive. The only thing I didn't care for was the
goofy lid design. If I were to keep and use one, I would likely install a hinge.

Dave,

Yeah, I personally really like the way it looks along with the practical nature of the design. I love the front handle, but you are right that it would be an even better grill if it had a hinge. Still, the slide aside in back, once you get used to it, seems to me a lot better than using a slide aside with a top handle lid. They put the lid thermometer to the front, and to me that is where you want the fuel for refilling. That gives you very high temperature readings, but I guess if it were in the back over the food being barbecued it would get messed up by the slide aside. Another good reason to go with your idea of a hinge. Maybe next time I will try with the charcoal in the back, but adding more would be a lot more difficult. On real bbq, I use my Smoke anyway, so I guess it is not a big deal.

Dave,

Yeah, I personally really like the way it looks along with the practical nature of the design. I love the front handle, but you are right that it would be an even better grill if it had a hinge. Still, the slide aside in back, once you get used to it, seems to me a lot better than using a slide aside with a top handle lid. They put the lid thermometer to the front, and to me that is where you want the fuel for refilling. That gives you very high temperature readings, but I guess if it were in the back over the food being barbecued it would get messed up by the slide aside. Another good reason to go with your idea of a hinge. Maybe next time I will try with the charcoal in the back, but adding more would be a lot more difficult. On real bbq, I use my Smoke anyway, so I guess it is not a big deal.

I have the problem of adding wood when making pizzas with the kettle pizza on it you can't use the slide aside, as a matter of fact I took the slide aside off because it would melt anyway. I can't add a handle on the top because the vent is there. So I use the lid off my gasser chicken cooker kettle. I wanted to see if that lower hood that it came with would help get the top of the pizza finished faster but no safe way to refuel it.

Grills are still appearing on our various sites. Here's a rather nice Genesis Silver C asking $65:

5FNKihh.jpg

0duumED.jpg

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/hsh/d/weber-grill-good-condition/6731018785.html

It looks to me like the usually rusted out bottom is in fairly decent condition on this one.

I am really bummed out because my sheet metal friend sold his business yesterday. The new owner is primarily interested in serving roofing contractors, but maybe he will still do some small projects. The price will be higher for sure, but then again I might actually get my stuff DONE!

I have to admit that that cabinet is one of the better looking ones that I have seen. The rest of the grill is pretty dang good looking as well.

I have to admit that that cabinet is one of the better looking ones that I have seen. The rest of the grill is pretty dang good looking as well.

Just needs a refreshing, maybe an upgrade of the flavorizers and some satin black Krylon Fusion for Plastic to make the handles and knobs black;)!

Here's a Q2200 REDHEAD on the west coast of Florida asking $75 for quite a while (assuming it isn't actually already sold:mad:). It has the classy cart for use on your patio ($99 just for that at our Ace store), but unlike the 3000 it is still readily removable and transportable. I like all the Q's, but my favorite is the 2200. It has the thermometer, electric start (for better or worse, I suppose) and this one has a powder coat redhead top! I think that the setup being offered here kind of gives you the best of both the 2200 and the 3200. If it wasn't three hours away, I would be sorely tempted. I can't believe someone hasn't grabbed it:

5xHPpXg.jpg

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/for/d/weber-grill/6728032565.html

Last edited:
If it has been listed for a while, they might be open to a low ball $40 offer. That would pay for the gas.

Dave:
I hadn't seen that add. It is out of my typical search range. I would consider that grill if I was actively looking for one. I would probably offer $20 at this point. But, it would be a two hour drive each way and I would have to store it for 5 months. Maybe the guy will be giving it away by next spring, hahahha.

Back