Wisconsin Mac and Cheese!

Ingenious idea with the curds, dinner looks FABULOUS!

...real Wisconsin cheese curds..I had no idea what to do with it
any Wisconsinite (aka; Cheesehead, beerbrain, Badger) would tell you: "open the bag an' eet'em!"
absolutely NOTHING like FRESH curds at the cheese factories upnort... the curds are sooo fresh and salty, they SQUEEK as you chew!

Ingenious idea with the curds, dinner looks FABULOUS!

any Wisconsinite (aka; Cheesehead, beerbrain, Badger) would tell you: "open the bag an' eet'em!"
absolutely NOTHING like FRESH curds at the cheese factories upnort... the curds are sooo fresh and salty, they SQUEEK as you chew!

Ya I got some dirty looks when I told the donor what I had done...darn it there should be eating directions on these type of things!!!

Interesting. Here in Wisconsin you might get strung up for doing that, but if they are past their squeak I dont have a problem with it. I am always using them to make poutine.

Interesting. Here in Wisconsin you might get strung up for doing that, but if they are past their squeak I dont have a problem with it. I am always using them to make poutine.

What are you doing for your poutine gravy? I was getting annoyed at not being able to find anything authentic here in Michigan, so I wound up ordering 24 packs of St. Hubert's poutine gravy powder online.

What are you doing for your poutine gravy? I was getting annoyed at not being able to find anything authentic here in Michigan, so I wound up ordering 24 packs of St. Hubert's poutine gravy powder online.

Homemade.

I have posted the recipe HERE.

Last edited:

Back