Winter Weber Comfort Brisket Chili.

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Cold windy day and Barb was gone playing bunko with the ladies.
So I’m in charge of dinner. Freezer diving I found some left over burnt ends the last of our smoke day brisket. I also found the last two hatch chilies I had, sounds like some type of chili to me. I had a boat load of things to get done so I dragged out the Winter Weber for an easy dump and go dinner.
I was a little light on the meat so I added our left over flank steak from the last thread Barb did.
From here on for the purist of chili, let it be known beans are involved. I like beans in a home Chile it adds body IMHO.
Spices I used California Chile, New Mexico chili, Penzeys 3000 chili, cumin and Mexican oregano.
A small can of tomato sauce and a can of Rotel tomatoes, a can of diced chilies, a can of S&W chili beans, the two hatch chilies charred and diced and some softened onions.
Threw it all in inside the Weber gave it a stir on low for 4-5 hours.
No plated picture as Barb got home late and we were both starving.
It was fantastic, one of the best if not the best home style chili I’ve made.
LO brisket burnt ends will be my go to meat for Chile, the spices on the burnt ends added another level of flavor to the chili.

44655699405_e88052ba96_z.jpg
[/url]100_4094 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

43752153810_1e1da7c29c_z.jpg
[/url]100_4098 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]
Have a great weekend.

I love seeing pics of your winter Weber. Your chili sounds heavenly and one of these days I'm determined to use brisket in mine. Thanks for sharing and I hope you two have an awesome weekend!

Back