Wings Two Ways

Chad M.

TVWBB Super Fan
Did some wings on the Performer for the Cards game tonight. Tried two of Paul Kirk's recipes (Fire & Smoke and Sweet & Spicy). Indirect at 270 for 2 hours. 1 piece of apple and 1 piece of cherry at the start.

Here's some pics. Fire & Smoke is on the front.

IMG_1125.jpg

At the first turn 40 minutes in.

IMG_1126.jpg

2nd turn, another 40 mins.

IMG_1129.jpg

2 hours and off.

IMG_1131.jpg

And the plate. A little Ranch for the wings, side Caesar salad and a cold Bud. Pretty simple.

IMG_1138.jpg

The wings were cooked really well and looked good, but the flavors weren't as bold as I was hoping for. The Fire & Smoke had the better flavor, could have used more garlic and heat. The Sweet & Spicy could have been sweeter and spicier. Good starting point though. Any killer wing recipes out there?

It's currently 6 to 4 Cardinals in the top of the 7th. Go Cards!

Great looking wings Chad. I like sweet baby ray's you just can't go wrong, lots if choices. I sometimes make my own. 1 stick of butter and a bottle of Crystal hot sauce, or your favorite. Melt butter in a pot and add the sauce, don't boil just warm. Either place wings in a big bowl and add sauce and mix or plate wings and pour the sauce right over top. Enjoy!

Chad,

I use the "Roadside Chicken" marinade for my wings. Add whatever rub you want and the overall flavor is fantastic. I get rave reviews when I do this.

Ray

Thanks everyone. Yeah Gene, I have a pretty good buffalo sauce recipe that I've been using for years. Can't go wrong there. Thanks for the tip, though. But I've been trying to find something a little different that isn't just heat. There's a place near where I work in O'Fallon, IL called Shooters and they have awesome wings that are smokey, have just the right amount of heat, and have a nice sugary rub. Trying to emulate that but it's a work in progress.

Chad,

I use the "Cornell" marinade for my wings. Add whatever rub you want and the overall flavor is fantastic. I get rave reviews when I do this.

Daniel.

:p Try em both..Bet you will love em.

Chad,

Those wings looked perfectly cooked.

I don't sauce my wings until after they come off the grill. I usually marinate them in some concoction with hot sauce, put barbecue rub on before grilling, and then toss them in whatever buffalo sauce I decide to cook up. Maybe that will give you more of the flavor you're looking for?

Start with #5 sauce, add honey till its sweet enough for you and then add sriracha sauce till its hot enough. Great looking wings by the way.

Chad, i love wings as well. For a sweet and spicy wing I like a combo of 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 cup or so of brown sugar, honey and siracha sauce to taste. Base every ten minutes or so till cooked to your liking.

Back