wings n things

Patrick Redmond

TVWBB Member
Just checking in and wanting to pick someones brains. I make unreal wings in an oven and with a fryer but I am getting ready to take the challenge of smoking them.

If anyone has some amazing tips or ideas or just wants to spout off an idea plz feel free to flame my post
icon_smile.gif

thanks jim those look AMAZING i will for sure try those... as far as the jerk wings go i would love to see a few methods for jerking them properly because jerk is very good but it is hit or miss on the recipies i have found.

so plz if anyone has a nice jerk or jerking method to share im all game
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so plz if anyone has a nice jerk or jerking method to share im all game Smiler </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here's my favorite recipe:

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/fo...980069052/m/23210516

I just started smoking the chicken over a combination of apple wood, cinnamon sticks, and allspice berries. I never had pimento wood (other than many many years ago in jamaica) but I'd be willing to bet this is the closest flavor other than real thing.

cool ty all for your contributions. I am just kind of refreshing this post because 1) all of these look really good and 2) I am pretty sure there are more ideas that want to get posted

wsmsmile8gm.gif

ty again

Patrick,

Are you looking to just switch from the oven to the grill and then still fry? Or are you opening it up to trying everything new?

Here are the wings that I make all the time.

I guess im what u would call a wing freak. Im just throwing it out there to see what people are doing. I figure get the practice in thru the summer/fall months and when superbowl season hits ill have the superbowl of wings in my area.

Something like that. Anyway everthing looks amazing I cant wait to fire my bullet up in a couple days to give them all a shot.

ok I tried the dizzypig recipie posted by Jim.. I used Head Country rub seasoning for the seasoning and followed the instructions.

I also gave em a light painting of spicy bone sucking sauce and I have to say

one of the best wings I have ever eaten in my life I highly suggest that ya give them a whirl.

next run is going to be the jerk wings that brian posted and im gonna give larger pieces a try with that coating recipe

Keep smokin
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I make my wings as hot as I can stand using some ridiculous hot sauce. Grilling wings is a challenge because of how small they are. You could really go indirect and be a little safer.

So, same method, just a different rub? Were the wings nice and crispy? I've only done them like that once, but they turned out great.

Yes, they were definitely more crispy than cooking in the oven. I just slathered them in the hot sauce while still on the grill. If cooking direct, you've gotta be fast!

Back