Windows 11

Is it as god awful as 10 is/was?

10 made me a solid OS guy. Only run windows for things not OS-supported, like tuning for my trucks. And I refuse to ruin a perfectly great Mac with windows software

Don't know why all the hate for 10 or 11? Or even Windows over all. Honestly other than Vi$ta I've never had any issues. I know there were issues with ME, but I sidestepped that. My only gripe with 7, 10 and 11 is networking is not as easy as it used to be and I still cannot figure it out. I even used to use Windows 10 phones and nothing comes close to how well they worked. Android and IOS cannot hold a candle to them. Sadly MS dropped them.

I have an AMD Windows PC I built last year. Apparently there are issues with AMD and Window 11. They dont play nice with each other which causes performance drops. I'll wait......

Yeah I understand fully sometimes there are issues like that. But let's face it name one OS that doesn't or never did have issues.

I got the notice the other day. My first thought was " great, just when everything was working..." I am sure W11 will work just fine, it is the peripherals and programs that are usually the problem. I have had to buy new printers and scanners in the past because of lack of driver support.

I just built a Win10 system late last spring. I really only have a couple of reasons to run Windows at all at this point, my Garmin connection app and the control app for my house network (and that's at least partially solvable.) I'd have to add a TPM module to this system for about $20 to make it fully Win11 compatible.

I thoroughly DISLIKE M$'s choice to reboot my hosts without notice, and to apply updates without my explicit control. Quite honestly, their patch quality control is really nowhere near what it should be to really support those activities. Then again, neither is their operating system........I need to stop before I cross the line.

Honestly only thing I am seeing is my shared printer (from my Windows 10 laptop) is not showing up on my 11 machine. Otherwise it's working as well or better than anything else I have ever used (including Mac, Linux, Unix,) as well as other Windows distros. Now, I don't do really specialized stuff. I run Office 365, surf the web, do a little "shopping" on photos and what have you. Hell it is even running the android apps on my phone smooth as silk. I honestly have no real complaints. Not a Bill Gates fan but I like Windows

I deal with a lot of Windows 10 setting up printer drivers and scan folders. I haven't messed with TPM but it's an option on all our copiers. We never turn it on because it essentially marries all the boards and the hard drives so down the line if a board goes out, it's a massive ordeal. From what I understand you can clear it but you will lose all the client data/settings.

I've got no real problems with 10 other than those updates can break scanning as it will randomly change network settings.

Unfortunately, Dustin, unless you work fairly hard to disable the TPM check, Win11 really wants to see it.

I have no idea how this is going to work out in an enterprise environment.

Upgraded to Win 11 yesterday. It went smoothly w/o any issues. It is a bit different from Win10, and will take some getting used to, but it's running just fine. I think this one will be a big hit for those who do really complex stuff, but I'm not one of those folks :).

Well it went like a champ. No issues. It's fast too
Yea. Updated a couple of months ago. Unbelievably fast compared to all of the other upgrades I've done over the years. Not a bunch of new stuff that I'd use, but it is a bit less cumbersome and not much of a learning curve.

I got the notice the other day. My first thought was " great, just when everything was working..." I am sure W11 will work just fine, it is the peripherals and programs that are usually the problem. I have had to buy new printers and scanners in the past because of lack of driver support.
I refuse to play MSFTs game. I’m running an 11 year old laser printer and scanner. To work around the planned obsolescence I use freeware called NAPS which bridges TWAIN and WIA for scanning. Works like a champ and saved me hundreds from having to buy new scanners.

Last edited:
I am having absolutely 0 zip nada issues on 11. It runs great, (and yes even on older peripherals) it's just fine. Honestly the only "issue" I get is with MS Edge browser. But it had it's "issues" on 10 as well. I don't use Chrome anymore so am unsure if Chrome would show the same things. Since Edge is Chrome based. Been hearing and seeing too many security issues with Chrome and Firefox. All the pundits are saying/writing that for security Edge is the ticket.

Back