Who's smokin' this weekend?

JShoemaker

TVWBB Member
It's a sad weekend for me. As of now, I have no plans to use my newly acquired WSM this weekend. :(

Instead, I will be eating some freshly smoked ribs at a friends house for a football game on Sunday. (I donated my old ECB smoker to him.)

So....who's smokin' what this weekend!?

I smoke or grill just about every weekend at least once. I'll do steaks Sat, a rack of St L trimmed ribs Sunday, maybe some jerky, and probably some meatballs or a fattie Mon. I'll have them ready for the 11th minute of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

This Saturday I am smoking a 5 lb Pork Loin as I am still trying to learn / break in our WSM. This will be 3rd cook in our WSM and wondering why I have not gotten a smoker sooner!

Smoking another pair of baby back ribs tomorrow! Can't wait...even if I have to start at early in the morning to finish by lunch.

I'm tempted to smoke something, on a short-notice whim......but I think my wife will look at me funny....

EDIT: perhaps experiment with a chicken or turkey? I haven't tried those yet!

Smoke? not sure
Grill? yep! I have plans to make some chicken Quesadillas on the grill, probably some other stuff as well

I've got a turkey thawed (I think) in the fridge to have my first smoke with one. Brine tonight, air-dry Saturday, smoke on Sunday.

I'd like to do a beer can chicken with smoked baked beans, but if I can find a good looking PB it's going to be on for Sunday.

I have two racks of baby back ribs on the WSM right now. I am also planning to throw something on (probably chicken) on Sunday for CFL game day. Grey Cup East and West semi finals. Woot!!! Go Stamp Go!!!

JS...

Like you, I too will not be smoking this weekend. Spending time by helping out at a CBBQA BBQ class, watching the class try their hand at smoking.

Have some spare rib's i'am smoke tomorrow along side some onion's-corn on the cob & ranch style bean's.

Just washed 3 bellies and put them in the fridge...gonna do bacon on my neighbors Landman smoker and baby backs on my WSM.......gonna be awesome!

Quick update for tonight. I'm going to be doing some western cut ribs and CI baked beans on the Performer tonight. But to make it even more fun I'm going to make 2 gallons of Apple Pie! It's going to be a good 3 day weekend.

Back