Who's into rotisserie chicken, or rotisserie anything?

KDerevan

I’ve had my Summit Platinum 6D for 18 years, and I think I used the rotisserie ONCE for a chicken, and I can’t remember much about it. Now I’m kind of rehabbing my grill, cleaning up, etc. and I’m wondering whether to keep the rotisserie. I have all the parts. The motor looks old and sad, so if I keep the rotisserie I might want a new motor, but what do you think? I want to hear from people who LOVE using the rotisserie and get ideas about what you do with it. When I bought the grill, I definitely wanted all the bells and whistles, and I got ‘em all. So hit me up with what you love about using your rotisserie, or let me know if you never use it.

This thread is fairly recent, and it's only 27 pages...

The best things about cooking on a rotisserie are even cooking without moving around and flipping and the self-basting aspect. While whole chickens are great candidates for the spit, pork ribs are a treat as well. Don't overlook turkey or most any kind of roast either. Prime rib, Tri-tip, leg of lamb, pork shoulder or loin are good examples. You can also get accessories for the rotisserie that include baskets for cooking smaller pieces, like wings, legs, thighs, sausages and veggies. Do a web search for rotisserie cooking and you'll find plenty of ideas that'll keep the rotisserie spinning.

Love rotisserie chicken, roasts of any kind as well. Last thing I would do is ditch it. Although. I too think I used mine once last year. Why? Only because my pellet grills (thanks to their being a lot like a convection oven) does as nice a job. And I get good smoke on it to boot. But, if I didn't have the pellet grills I would use the rotisserie far more than I have been since buying pellet grills.
Otherwise no way would I be giving it up. I'd look for more ways to use it. Like doing wings in a basket, thighs in a basket, veggies and so on. I've got a wealth of rotisserie "tools"

I vote to keep the rotisserie! Give it a whirl! Lots of things to cook.

Napolean basket chicken wings. Just load them frozen and season thru the basket using Mortens Seasonal or Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Basket is kind of a PIA to clean.
IMG_3053.JPGIMG_3059.JPG

Rotisserie Stuffed Pork Loin. Butterflied open, sauted spinach, garlic, and mushrooms then added mozzerolla cheese. The cheese melted out glazing the exterior beautifully as it spun.
IMG_0105.JPGIMG_0414.JPGIMG_0419.JPG

Beef Roast
IMG_0712.JPGIMG_0726.JPG

Napolean basket chicken wings. Just load them frozen and season thru the basket using Mortens Seasonal or Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Basket is kind of a PIA to clean.
View attachment 92535View attachment 92536

Rotisserie Stuffed Pork Loin. Butterflied open, sauted spinach, garlic, and mushrooms then added mozzerolla cheese. The cheese melted out glazing the exterior beautifully as it spun.
View attachment 92538View attachment 92539View attachment 92540

Beef Roast
View attachment 92541View attachment 92542
Ditto on a rotisserie basket. It adds so many more potential uses for rotisserie. I only cook chicken wings via rotisserie anymore. It would be the last one or two kettle accessories I would ever let go.

I have been thinking about getting a flat basket for spatchcocked chicken and perhaps salmon.

I want to build a rotisserie setup for my Recteq RT1250 pellet smoker. Not sure why, but think several birds on a spit would be excellent.

I rotisserie on my Wolf gas grille as well as my new Weber Performer Deluxe toy.

I bought a Chicken Turbo Trusser that I still need to try out.

The original motor to my Wolf grill died, so I bought a Onegrill motor replacement. It is stout! Check your bracket and spit rod size before ordering.

Last edited:

View attachment 92535View attachment 92536

View attachment 92538View attachment 92539View attachment 92540

Beef Roast
View attachment 92541View attachment 92542
Nice looking groceries there Wilmer!

Waiting for the winds to die down here so I can use my open fire roti. Until then will be using either the kettle or the gasser rotisserie with a smoke tube. Next in line to spin is a nice slab of spares.

Nice looking groceries there Wilmer!

Waiting for the winds to die down here so I can use my open fire roti. Until then will be using either the kettle or the gasser rotisserie with a smoke tube. Next in line to spin is a nice slab of spares.
How do you spin your spare ribs? That’s a new one for me.

How do you spin your spare ribs? That’s a new one for me.
Thread them onto the spit in an S pattern, sticking the spit rod between ribs. Use the forks to hold both ends as you'd normally use them, then spread the slab out as much as you can before tightening the forks onto the spit rod. For larger slabs use one more bend. Best to cook them indirect with the fire off to one side. If your spit rod is long enough, you can do 2 slabs, end to end.

Here's a link to a vid:

I like mine as well, but not using it very often.
I got the 47 cm ring, but I'm not using the kettle much.
I'll get to it again.
The motor of mine is a bit of an issue. It's battery operated but the battery connections are not particularly well designed. I always need to check it before using

Back