Whole Boneless pork loin?

Greg Muller

TVWBB Member
The wife brought home a double package of Whole boneless pork loin. Each about 3 lbs. I have never cooked one before so I don't want to ruin it as it looks like it could be a good meal. Any suggestions on how to cook it. Thanks.

Me, I would slice into 3/4" slices, season with whatever spices you like on T-bones and grill them over charcoal till medium well (just till no pink). IMO, puts beef to shame.

Love them. I inject and marinate overnight. Then rub, put on the rotisserie with a little wood smoke and remove at 138. Let rest 20 min.

Last edited:
since it's a double pack, split it and do two cooks.
first cook-
after rubbing and allowing rub to sweat, quick sear all around. then follow up indirect. get rid of the pink, but be careful not to overcook it.(can use a short rest to finish off the pink). then slice and serve.
second cook-
slice into medallions. dredge in flour, then batter, then flour again. pan fry until golden brown. drain over paper towels and serve w/gravy(poultry or country, not beef gravy).

I've had great success with LNS, your favorite way but as Len mentions do not overcook. I want to see 145F as a finished temperature. Apple wood for smoke works well.

To add to Bills medallions, I would make some of them 1/2" square or a little smaller, same bread and fry, but make loin tacos wraps with cheese AND gravy! Sloppy eating but oh so good.....
since it's a double pack, split it and do two cooks.
first cook-
after rubbing and allowing rub to sweat, quick sear all around. then follow up indirect. get rid of the pink, but be careful not to overcook it.(can use a short rest to finish off the pink). then slice and serve.
second cook-
slice into medallions. dredge in flour, then batter, then flour again. pan fry until golden brown. drain over paper towels and serve w/gravy(poultry or country, not beef gravy).

I've cooked quite a few pork loins. They are good eats. A good rub and cook at a higher heat 275. It will be good. You can also do a "Z" cut and stuff it. I've done Basil pesto and feta, with a good rub on the outside after it was rolled.

Pork loin is like chicken, there are a thousand thing you can do with them. One of my favorites is to cut them double thick to make steaks out of them, cut a pocket into them and stuff them. Do a search, you will be ovewelmed with idea!!

What I like to do is brine them,them cut them open and stuff it with spinach in a spiral shape. Looks good and tastes even better!

My best whole pork loin was a reverse sear. I cooked semi-indirect to 120, then moved to medium heat to give some sear and removed at 135. Sliced at the table and everyone loved it. Perfectly tender and juicy. Color was whitish pink.

I have done this many times and it always turns out good, I got it from, Mario Tailgates NASCAR Style

St. Louis-style Pork Tenderloins Serves 6
Ingredients
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 pork tenderloins, about 1 pound each
1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp celery seeds
1 tsp paprika
Instructions
1.In a large bowl half full of cold water, dissolve the salt and sugar. Put the pork tenderloins in the bowl and let them brine in the refrigerator or ice chest for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Remove the loins from the brine, rinse well, and pat them dry.
2.In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients until combined and set aside until ready to use.
3.Grill the tenderloins over medium-high heat for 16 minutes, turning and basting with the sauce every few minutes.
4.Transfer to a cutting board and let the loins rest for 5 minutes. Slice the loins on an angle and serve with the remaining sauce.

Note:
St. Louis is home to the distinctive sweet-and-sour flavor of this sauce, which goes particularly well with grilled pork. Brining the pork in salt and sugar makes it come off the grill juicier and with denser flavor.

Back