Which Weber 1000 grill should I buy?

I am looking to buy this Weber grill from someone online. Are there any things to look for? Are the genesis 1000 grills with the plastic shelf and handle the same? Does the 2 burner get as hot as the 3 burner?
Also I wanted to fit this in my hatchback car. Can the legs be removed so I can fit it in?

I’m trying to decide between these two grills to buy.

Thank you

Attachments

• BD1011F0-A661-4EAA-8F0F-11393012F44C.png
    BD1011F0-A661-4EAA-8F0F-11393012F44C.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 64A44549-4FD0-44FC-84EB-03EB3F621AD4.png
    64A44549-4FD0-44FC-84EB-03EB3F621AD4.png
    574.4 KB · Views: 27
It's hard to tell from the picture, but I'm inclined to say neither one is a 1000 series grill. The 2 burner on the right looks like a Silver A. The 3 burner on the left looks more like a Spirit. Either way, 3 burners are the way to go in my mind unless your pressed for space. The 2 burner would fit better in the hatch, though.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but I'm inclined to say neither one is a 1000 series grill. The 2 burner on the right looks like a Silver A. The 3 burner on the left looks more like a Spirit. Either way, 3 burners are the way to go in my mind unless your pressed for space. The 2 burner would fit better in the hatch, though.
It is only me and my gf to cook for. I would go with the 2 burner but I would like it to get as hot as the three burner. Is two burner maybe the way to go? As long as it still gets to the same max temp that’s good with me.

Hi Chris,

Welcome. I agree with Tom that a 3 burner is the way to go.

The two burner looks like a Genesis Silver A. The clues are the handle, the grey plastic side table ends and the burner handles are the newer style. Free would be the right price ( in my opinion ) for that one.

The three burner might be a Spirit 900 ? or maybe an early Genesis. I would want to look inside to see if its a 13 bar cookbox. Can you provide more pics of the inside and a closeup of the control panel showing all the letters and the number in the lower left corner?

I don't know your market very well so I'm not sure what availability there is around you, but If it were me looking to buy a Genesis 1000, I would keep looking.

It is only me and my gf to cook for. I would go with the 2 burner but I would like it to get as hot as the three burner. Is two burner maybe the way to go? As long as it still gets to the same max temp that’s good with me.
A 3 burner has a lot more flexibility for cooking direct and indirect and is overall worth the effort to find one. ( edit: in my opinion )

Hi Chris,

Welcome. I agree with Tom that a 3 burner is the way to go.

The two burner looks like a Genesis Silver A. The clues are the handle, the grey plastic side table ends and the burner handles are the newer style. Free would be the right price ( in my opinion ) for that one.

The three burner might be a Spirit 900 ? or maybe an early Genesis. I would want to look inside to see if its a 13 bar cookbox. Can you provide more pics of the inside and a closeup of the control panel showing all the letters and the number in the lower left corner?

I don't know your market very well so I'm not sure what availability there is around you, but If it were me looking to buy a Genesis 1000, I would keep looking.
I just needed something simple but I would like the grill to stay hot during the winter months. Is the two burner ok for this. I am only 23 and need something for me and my gf for our patio.

Attachments

• 8E2FD4D6-FBC9-4DCD-A004-0832583CF753.png
    8E2FD4D6-FBC9-4DCD-A004-0832583CF753.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 02A2C391-F358-41B0-942B-4800F2AC747B.png
    02A2C391-F358-41B0-942B-4800F2AC747B.png
    512.6 KB · Views: 11
Not sure where in CT you are so I did a facebook search and found this for an example:

Looks like a complete, Genesis 1000 with Durawood ( plastic wood ) tables.

1666199535369.png

Not sure where in CT you are so I did a facebook search and found this for an example:

Looks like a complete, Genesis 1000 with Durawood ( plastic wood ) tables.

View attachment 61320
Thank you for looking! Unfortunately that area is over an hour away :(. I am located in Woodbridge CT (06525)

I found this one on Craigslist.

Attachments

• D43F96D7-D1A4-454A-923D-046E1C00AC63.jpeg
    D43F96D7-D1A4-454A-923D-046E1C00AC63.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 9CFB5B25-5BBD-4F18-89A6-1CBE34E339CB.jpeg
    9CFB5B25-5BBD-4F18-89A6-1CBE34E339CB.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 15
  • F52B426C-579C-4759-8D33-DAB70308C7A2.jpeg
    F52B426C-579C-4759-8D33-DAB70308C7A2.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 15
I just needed something simple but I would like the grill to stay hot during the winter months. Is the two burner ok for this. I am only 23 and need something for me and my gf for our patio.

I hear you wanting simple. I would steer away from the three burner one above. From the looks of it it might be more trouble than its worth.

I think it is a spirit 900 not a Genesis 1000, and it looks to be in need of repairs.

I hear you wanting simple. I would steer away from the three burner one above. From the looks of it it might be more trouble than its worth.

I think it is a spirit 900 not a Genesis 1000, and it looks to be in need of repairs.
are you referring to this one to stay away from?

Should I maybe go for the two burner? They are only asking $50 for it with a grill cover and empty propane tank. Maybe ask if they can do $40?

Attachments

• 42B223EE-AF6E-476D-BC98-2BAC1E3ADE7C.png
    42B223EE-AF6E-476D-BC98-2BAC1E3ADE7C.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 6
How about Trumbull. This one is $75. I have had one similar to this for over 20 years.

Solid grill...

View attachment 61330
That is fairly close to me. Probably 20 minutes which isnt terrible. I know the two burner one is probably a 2 min drive but Id hate to get something that isnt good for my need. Does everything look in good condition on this grill? I think that might be slightly out of my price range considering I would have to buy a cover but I might take a look

That is fairly close to me. Probably 20 minutes which isnt terrible. I know the two burner one is probably a 2 min drive but Id hate to get something that isnt good for my need. Does everything look in good condition on this grill? I think that might be slightly out of my price range considering I would have to buy a cover but I might take a look
The grill looks good in the pics but it's hard to tell the actual condition from pics alone. You'd have to go and check it out in person. One major area is to check for rust in the area where the firebox connects to the frame.

The grill looks good in the pics but it's hard to tell the actual condition from pics alone. You'd have to go and check it out in person. One major area is to check for rust in the area where the firebox connects to the frame.
It looks like a great grill. I will probably be near that area in the next couple days. I’m the meantime I will keep my eyes out! Maybe I’ll take a look at the two burner grill a couple mins away from me but at this point I don’t think that’s the good one to go with. I’m not the knowledgeable in grills but I know rust is a big one to watch out for

It looks like a great grill. I will probably be near that area in the next couple days. I’m the meantime I will keep my eyes out! Maybe I’ll take a look at the two burner grill a couple mins away from me but at this point I don’t think that’s the good one to go with. I’m not the knowledgeable in grills but I know rust is a big one to watch out for
BTW, the one with the blue hood is a Silver B and I think it's the special edition one due to the dual fold up tables. There are a lot of parts available for that grill unlike the 1000 due to it being the newer one of the 2.

I don't believe there were any 2 burner Genesis grills. They were called Spirit if my memory
hasn't faded away.

I don't believe there were any 2 burner Genesis grills. They were called Spirit if my memory
hasn't faded away.

Bob, the older 2 burners were Spirits, and after 2000 they were called Genesis Silver A's.

This thread has a duplicate, and maybe @Chris Allingham could merge them into one.

This one has more replies:

If I had to pick one, I would go with the three burner. But, in reality, I would probably wait to find a 1000 series or higher...maybe even a Silver B.

Back