What's your favorite poison?

Buffalo Trace is a good choice at a great price. I like to drink any bourbon over a king cube which is a 2" square ice cube that melts slowly and doesn't dilute your bourbon quickly.

You can find the silicone molds out there at houseware dept stores.

All the brands previously mentioned are worthy.

jz

if you like the chill but not the dilution you should try the scotch rocks which are simply impervious stones you keep in the freezer.

I know a couple of " scotch guys" who swear by them, me I never liked them. I'm definately a room temp kind of guy. nothing says bourbon geek like drinking from a glass that looks like a some sort of neanderthal yatzee accident.

Its nice to see a lot of the usual suspects come up with a couple new ones to try. its not fantastically surprising that basil hayden's hasnt shown up. I'm not sure if its the mashbill, but I just dont like that stuff, its by far the least plesant of beams small batch collection.

Thanks for the help. Looks like I have some homework to do :) not a bad job! I'm just looking for a change in taking the edge off. Been kind of stressful here lately and having trouble relaxing, thanks folks!

Evan Williams a loooonnng time ago, Canadian Mist is cheap & good, Crown Royal,,,,, Makers is good, I don't like the UT distilleries, Jim Beam, Jack,,,, what's that other cheap one - Oh Yeah - Kessler's - smooth as silk :). I tried a bottle of Wild Turkey 100 and that was just too dang strong ---not bacardi 151 strong but still it had a burn I didn't really care for.

Not sure what made me do it, but 2 weeks ago I picked up a bottle of Brandy (distilled wine, 80 proof) that I really enjoyed. It was only $10. Paul Masson - VSOP - Grande Amber. I thought it tasted like a good sipping whiskey the first 2 nights I had it...and then I started pouring one to sip & one in a shot glass.

@ Clint
"Canadian Mist is cheap & good, Crown Royal"
We're taking bourbon whiskey here
:p
"
straight whiskey distilled from a mash having at least 51 percent corn in addition to malt and rye."

We have a town here in Missouri with that name, and a water tower full of.........water!
d929232eae1f265c39c8ec49400a3b0f.jpg

So it sounds like Evan Williams, Makers Mark and Knob Creek are my study tools. I'll look for some shorties at the well. Thanks folks!

Oh, and Bookers! I was rummaging through the bar last night and found a bottle I'd stashed away. I think I know what I'll be having for dessert tonight. :D

I'll tell what I don't like is any of the "flavored" ones: cinnamon or honey or peach or...
Elijah & Makers are the evening sips, Old Grandads if I'm feeling cantankerous. Over ice.
I've been wondering about Mike too, Bob.

Back